Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 5/27/11


Warning...this may get goofy. Or, it may get extremely boring and mundane. I'm tired. It's late and my nose is stuffy.


I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but there it is.

In other news, I bought some bug repellent today. Again, I have no idea what that has to do with the price of rice in China. But there it is.

What IS the price of rice in China, anyway?

Okay, before I totally run out of steam and fall asleep, drooling on my keyboard, let's get this 5QF party started!

If you are new to Five Question Friday, WELCOME! I hope you enjoy yourself!

Rules for Five Question Friday (strictly enforced with a wet noodle): Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky to appear on Friday morning and LINK UP! Most of all, remember to...HAVE FUN!!

Questions for Friday, May 27th: (Special thanks to @msargirl, Christine, Kim, Pam, andMelis for their question suggestions! I would LOVE to link you in a future 5QF, just c'mon over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions! Also, watch for my weekly Twitter "shout out" for questions! Just use hashtag #5QF and @5crookedhalos me!)

1. Do you apologize to your kids?

2. What color are your nails right now?

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?

5. Favorite website(s)?

--------------------------------------

1. Do you apologize to your kids?

I do! If it is deserved, then yes, I do.

And, some days, I find myself apologizing a lot more than others, you know? Those are usually the days that I'd like to rip my "Mom" name tag off and trade it in for one that says, "FAIL", 'cuz usually I'm an irritable, cranky, sorry excuse for a mom at those times.

2. What color are your nails right now?

Skin.

Nope, not some new, fancy, schmancy Essie or O.P.I color, just plain ol' skin colored.

See, I have this job thing? You know, wherein I report to work and help women become mamas? Yeah, that one.

Well, I can't wear polish to work. Au natural is the only way. But you know what? I'm totally okay with that.

I can hardly keep up with the polish on my toes, and at least I can cover those up! My fingers? Not so much.

3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say "I don't feel good".)

My mama was pretty cool. I usually never had to feign illness, 'cuz just when it got to be about the time that I needed to have a day off, she'd let me have a mental health day.

Only, it was before "mental health days"...back when I'd just call her and be all, "But, mo-om, it's SO nice outside!" And she'd be all, "Okay, I'll pick you up but you have to help me wash windows." And I'd be all, "Fo shiz!!" Only, it was also before the "fo shiz" days, so really I was more like, "Totally tubular, dude! That's, like, AWE-some! You're like SO cool mom, now if only I could get you to tight roll your pants..."

And then she'd be all, "huh?"

4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?

Hmmmm...a year or 5 ago. I'm not really sure.

I remember buying it. But, I can NOT remember when. Usually, I judge "when" by which child I was pregnant with, but I can't even recall that.

Which isn't surprising when I have things like, "I wonder how they get Dippin' Dots to stay separated?" and "Why did God invent mosquitos?" and "Why do Doritos taste so ridiculously delicious?" running through my head.

5. Favorite website(s)?

Well, I just recently "discovered" (and by "discovered" I totally mean that in a Christopher Columbus "I saw it first, but really, there was an entire population that discovered it before me" way) damnyouautocorrect.com.

I'm only disappointed that some of the submissions are so hilariously inappropriate, 'cuz I'd LOVE to show some of them to my son!

Seriously, laugh out loud, tears running down my face funny. I'll show you a couple of my (not inappropriate) favorites: This one. And this one.

Hee hee!!
------------------------------------------

And, with that, I'm outtie! Have a fabulous holiday weekend, my friends! And, drive safe...


Comments

  1. I forgot about the autocorrect one and AGREE. I would love to share those with my son, but he's on 13 and I am trying to convince myself he's still naive when it comes to certain things, know FULL well that he isn't

    Love your stay home answer... that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the autocorrect site too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have had moments reading damn you auto correct where i just can't breathe. it's so hilarious.
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our daughters introduced me to damnyouautocorrect a while back--HILARIOUS! Have you seen Dear Girls above me? This dude writes what he hears the girls who live above him say and then his response--HILARIOUS most of the time! I follow him via facebook.

    Love this HOP! I'm new this week and it's a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! That's funny! I worte about damnyouautocorrect too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE damnyouautocorrect and a bunch of the other sites like parents shouldn't text and wrong number texts. I'm glad I'm not the only one that laughs so hard she's crying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love sites that make me laugh until there are tears - have you read hyperbole and a half? awesome, pure awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, doncha just love auto correct??!!! Every time I text a guy named "Donnie", it changes it to "zombie". now how many times have I typed THAT??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - that website is totally hilarious, LOL! I have had some really funny ones on my phone, didn't think to look-up and see if there was a website for those, LOL!
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. I discovered the auto correct site a couple weeks ago and looove it- couldn't stop laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love damnyouautocorrect, I also crack up at wrongnumbertexts. Also, look up awkwardfamilyphotos.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stupid GFC! I want to follow you so badly, and the dang old thing is disappeared again. Durn it! Send me some kind of not to remind me to come back later and do it because I am a forgetful fool but I gotta love a woman with 5 kids and a blog :D

    That autocorrect site almost made me pee my pants the first time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha thanks for sharing the autocorrect site. hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  14. It seems we all have the same answer for #1 and we should. :)

    I love that autocorrect site!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. After I post this, I will go read auto correct.
    I'm having a problem getting the five question friday link to copy/paste. So my link will go to my whole blog....sorry. Hope you'll forgive me this time!
    Have a great weekend!
    Dianne @
    http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to have to visit the auto correct and the one above in the comments. They sound too funny. Thanks for hosting and have a fabulous LONG weekend.

    amber

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look! I remembered to come back on my own! (go me :) ). And the GFC widget is working again and all is right with the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. never heard of that site before but LOL!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Question #3 made me laugh. I used to try to talk my mom into LETTING me go to school when I was sick! What a geek, I know. It was the social life, though, that I didn't want to miss. In junior high I had a bad cough and made a deal with her if I could do a certain number of jumping jacks without coughing could I go to school... I managed it and went to school. It turns out that I had pneumonia and ended up missing 2 weeks as I got very, very ill!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this idea! I am always looking for new ideas for blog posts! I am now following you and looking forward to participating in the next Five Question Friday! :)

    http://atlantamilitarymom.com

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte