Skip to main content

Okay, so yeah. I lied...


I'll admit it. But...BUT it wasn't intentional.

Sigh.

On Sunday, I promised you that "tomorrow" I'd show you photos of the treehouse. Only, today is Wednesday, not Monday, which means that it's not "tomorrow" anymore...unless you we were talking about today, yesterday, in which case, today would be tomorrow...yesterday.

Er...wha'?

I just confused myself.

Okkkkaaaayyyy. So. The TreeHouse Chronicles! I counted, and if my calculations are correct (33 weeks between now and the last THC post, plus 3 days) we're on Day 399 of the TreeHouse Chronicles!

When Saturday rolled around, I kindly suggested to the Mr. that maybe he should work on the TreeHouse...nevermind the leaky kitchen drain, the clogged tub, the unfinished trim work, or the faulty phones...it was the TreeHouse that had me nagging him.

Go figure.

This, is what was accomplished:


Those who play in the loft of the treehouse, no longer risk bodily harm from a fall off the end of the treehouse! That little gap up in the peak, will be a window...as requested by E-Dub himself.

Annnnndddd...look at this!!




Our kids no longer have to prop toys upon toys to get into the treehouse! They have stairs!

The treehouse has been a haven for our kiddos since those stairs were completed. Easy to get into and out of...they now haul out blankets, crafts and/or homework and totally bliss out up there.

Leaky drains and clogged tubs aside...I am so glad that my Mr. decided to build this thing. The thorn in my side has turned into something much more pleasant!!

Now, instead of lamenting that dang project...I sit dreaming up ways in which we can decorate it and make it comfy for the kids!

Oh, how my attitude has changed...


Comments

  1. Love the tree house...I haven't been here for the whole saga, but I know how those projects go! :) My dad was going to build my son a fort...and it finally got done when he was about 9. But he loved it none the less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome - and hey, nothing worth having isn't worth waiting for, right? hahaha! I'd totally be scheming about ways to lock the kids inside and escape to the treehouse my own self... I mean... no, that's just mean. (But I would, nonetheless...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree house is the bomb diggity girl! I know those kiddos adore it. Heck I would adore it! If Mr. wonderful gets into the tree house business could you send him over ;) You and all the kiddos cancome hang out while he works on it.. as long as it doesnt take another 399 days LOL ;)

    Hope you have a great day girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY SHIT. Can I curse here, sorry. Man your husb. built that? What a damn stud. I had to buy a large one and put that together and i thought I might die. He built that. With his own hands? Damn Stud. Damn it, I am so jealous of the stud husbands. I need to learn how to do some cool shit. Sorry bout the words but I am figuring out how to stop my man crush on your husband

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY SHIT. Can I curse here, sorry. Man your husb. built that? What a damn stud. I had to buy a large one and put that together and i thought I might die. He built that. With his own hands? Damn Stud. Damn it, I am so jealous of the stud husbands. I need to learn how to do some cool shit. Sorry bout the words but I am figuring out how to stop my man crush on your husband

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! That is FABULOUS!! I wish I had a treehouse like that.... Your hubs is in the wrong line of work if he doesn't do this for a living!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have an amazing tree just right for a treehouse...could you get Mr to come and put one up for us? LOL
    Cool treehouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is awesome! Your kids are so lucky! And yeah, I'm sure the stairs help too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome tree house! That is a great play place for them I'm sure. And stairs are awesome! It is funny the things we decide to bug them about, but it's priorities at the time, right? The rest will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wanna swap lives for just a little while, Mama M.? I could totaly love being a L&D nurse for a bit; and I always wanted more than 2 kiddoes! Just kidding (sort of). Tell Mr. "Great Job" on the treehouse. My kids er uh climbed a tree in my parents' backyard one time. That's about as close to a treehouse as they've ever been :( Yours is awesome-what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the tree house! My husband does the same thing, he says he is going to build something for the kids, in our case a sandbox outside. He ripped out the lawn in one section made a huge mess and then left it for weeks. Then finally yesterday he decided it was a good time to finish it LOL. At least our men can build stuff! Seeing the tree house makes me want one for my boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte