Skip to main content

Feels so good...


Whoa. Wait...get your head out of the gutter! I'm just talking about "feel good" feelings!!

Three weeks ago, I was a crazy, PMS consumed, prednisone ruled lunatic. It was bad. For a girl who is normally cool as a cucumber, mellow, emotionally stable...feeling like a crazed, psycho, insane, emotionally unstable person was totally out of my box.

Looking back, I think it was a culmination of a whirlwind last month of summer starting with when our home became the resting place for a giant old oak tree, added to a vacation that cost more than we were anticipating, a weekend of busy running, back-to-school readiness, the Mr. leaving the country (which we couldn't afford because of the first two aforementioned things), then getting hit with Aunt Flo and a prednisone burst on the same day, in addition to some other stressors.

Really...I can see why I became crazy.

I have given my husband strict instructions that if I am ever in a life and death situation, and the only thing that will save me is prednisone...to let me die.

Arrrrggghhhhhh!! It was awful.

BUT!!! I am seein' the light!! I just realized, the other day, that "man alive!! I feel great!" And, I like feeling great! This is definitely more my cup of tea that the doom and gloom that was consuming my every thought and action a couple of weeks ago!

Friends...Mama's back...

And, it feels so good!


Comments

  1. I know how you feel, not with the prednisone, but with having everything pile up and get the best of you. I have had such an overwhelming couple of months I felt like my whole world was falling apart around me. I felt like I was getting hit with all sorts of random stressers from the craziest places.

    I am doing my best to pull myself out of it and beginning to feel good again...like I am coming back.

    I am glad you are feeling better, it super stinks to feel crummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If what I have seen the last week was you feeling bad, can't wait to see what's going to happen now.

    *click

    Okay seatbelts ready. Let's go. I already got the popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely can relate, but I'm not out of it yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, you sound like me when I was on Clomid for my first. Ohhhh, that was so bad. He's almost 7, and I'm still apologizing for some things I said during that time. Oye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad you are feeling like yourself again, the other feeling just plain sucks. Hope you have a wonderful week girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to hear you're feeling like yourself again! I've been in that same haze before, and it is no bueno!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow you on Twitter, so I would see your occasional tweets about the prednisone side-effects. I was just coming off prednisone when you mentioned you were starting it, and had no side-effects. After reading your tweets, I looked it up and wow! I didn't know it could have that effect(affect?) on people! So, I learned something... sorry it had to be at your expense! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're back!! What a wild ride....sometimes drugs are just what you need for a certain situation, other times they just make it worse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte