Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 4/30/10


Happy Friday, my friends! I hope you all are planning fun, exciting things to do.


I'll hafta live vicariously through you, 'cuz I work the whole, stinkin' weekend. I think it's supposed to rain, and please don't hate me when I say that that makes me happy.

Please?

'Cuz, lemme tell ya, there's nothing worse than being stuck inside a huge brick building, breathing recycled air when the world outside is enjoying sunshine, fresh air and chirping birds.

But, anyway...let's get down to the fun stuff!! I'm not gonna vlog today.

After my last...um...video...I think I'll let the horror and humiliation die down a bit first. I'll have you know, tho'...that that video nabbed me the title of "Weirdest" in my family!

Yessssssss.

Well...here's the goods that you came here for!

Five Question Friday Rules: Copy the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then come on back to link up! If you'd like, grab the MckLinky blog hop code for your own post! Oh, yeah...and I'd love ya forever if you'd link back to me, Mama M.!

If you don't have a blog, but still wanna play along, feel free to put your answers in the comments below, or on any blog along the way!

And now, the...

Questions for Friday, 4/30/10: (Thanks to Linds, Sandy, Jill, Lula Lola, and Julie for their question suggestions! Wanna be linked in a future Five Question Friday? Offer up your best question suggestions over here, in my community!)

1.
If you could, would you go back to high school?

2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? (And, no saying "more wishes".)

3. What kids show do you secretly like?

4. What is your beverage of choice?

5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)?


--------------------------------------------

1. If you could, would you go back to high school?

You know, no.

I didn't enjoy high school all that much. Sure, I enjoyed the party scene, and hangin' with my friends...but, I dunno.

Meh.

I actually went "post-secondary" my senior year (do other states do this? Pay for college classes, when you're in high school, for you that count toward high school credits too?)...silly post-secondary story, coming up...

I failed Econ.

Big, ol', fat, red 'F'.

Our prof told us that he would allow us to "throw out" our lowest test score. So, my friends and I (I went with a couple friends), decided that the day of the final was waaaayyyyy to gorgeous to be sitting in a class room, so we skipped.

We figured we'd use that as our lowest score.

Um. Yeah. No.

It didn't work that way.

But, anyway...back to HS. My final answer...NO.

2. If a genie appeared and granted you two wishes, what would they be? (And, no saying "more wishes".)

Oh, man! Sandy, so not fair on the more wishes thing.

Okay. So, I'd ask for a whole gob of money. Not, like, hundreds of millions, but enough to pay off our debt, secure a sound financial future for our children (parents, grandparents, siblings), and live comfortably (all the while, giving generously, of course).

Wait...reading through all of that. I think I am gonna need hundreds of millions to support all those people.

Wish Number 2: I would wish for a lifetime of health and happiness for my children and their children, and their children's children and so on and so forth. No illness, no disease, utterly happy, blissful.

The end.

3. What kids show do you secretly like?

Wellllll...if I'm going to be totally honest with you, I'm not so sure. We don't have cable/satellite/dish/etc...so, I don't know very many new shows.

BUT...I know what kids show my dad likes!

Oh, yes!

Friends...are you ready for this?!!

My dad...he lives for iCarly!

Well, okay...maybe that's a little dramatic. He lives for my kids coming over, so that he has an excuse to watch iCarly!

And, now...I've just been written out of the will.

4. What is your beverage of choice?

Gosh. You know...I'm really not much of a drinker!

I'm quite certain I plow my way through life more than just a little dehydrated.

BUT...if you lined up a whole buncha drinks on the counter and let me pick?

Non-alcoholic: Ice water...in a glass cup (but not a stinky dishwasher glass cup...why do dishwashers make glass so smelly? And squeaky?)...and it would be all sweaty, 'cuz the water would be soooo cold!

Alcoholic: Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade.

There's also McDonald's Iced Coffee...but I've had a few bad one's lately (seriously, "light on the cream" does NOT mean, "make me a milk shake" or "give me extra extra flavored syrup"...for real, sheesh), so I'm boycotting those.

Not to mention the whopping 8 grams of fat they contain. *shudder*

5. What is something that you would change about yourself (or are working to change in yourself)?


Hmmm...I'm gonna do this two ways: non-physical, and physical.

Non-physical first.

Well, something that I work on a daily basis, is being more assertive.

I am a wimp.

With a capital W (and IMP, too). And, I hate being a wimp.

So, yes, please. I'd like to change that.

Now, physical:

I am trying really, really hard to appreciate the body I have now. 'Cuz I know, looking back, I didn't appreciate my 16 year old body, and my 25 year old self would've killed for it.

And, I didn't appreciate my 25 year old body, and now my 33 year old self would kill for that body. So, I am trying to appreciate what I've got right now! ('Cuz I'm guessing when I'm 40...I'll look back and slap myself across the face for not appreciating what I have right now!)

But...if I could change anything...like "poof" there it is?

My legs. I'd lengthen them by about 6 inches so that they would be in proportion to my torso.

You think I'm kidding, don't you?

Ohhhhhhh....but, no! I'm not!!

I'm soooo not kidding!

Once upon a time, I measured my legs with someone who is 4'11"...mine were a hair...just a teeny tiny bit...longer than hers.

And, I'm 5'7"ish.

Freakazoid.

---------------------------------------

Now, it's time for a little linky action!

I love reading everyone's answers and getting to know you a little more, so I do make an effort to visit as many links as I can!!

Have a fabulous weekend!


Comments

  1. First... SO glad you figured out the comment thing! :) Happy day!

    Second... LOVE that you broke out the beverages and self-"improvement" things to 2 different things. I wish I had thought of that. :)

    Have a good weekend... and I secretly hope it rains too. Shhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that wasn't fair! Only two wishes? LOL. Love what you said about your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love iCarly so therefore your dad rocks! =) Happy weekend sorry you work ...I got the saturday shift

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade! Great questions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out iCarly...ha ha!

    Too funny about measuring your legs against a person who was 4'11"!! Too funny! I never would've thought of that. But I'm 5'11" and feel like a giantess against anyone under 5'5"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun questions!

    I hope you get your wishes AND that it rains where you are and not where I am!!

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your answers cracked me up!

    I also did the "post-secondary" thing in Ohio and it was AWESOME! I've never met anyone else who has ever mentioned that before. You wouldn't believe that I was actually a 4.0 student at one time when you read my blog now and find out I do dumb things like accidentally brush my teeth with Desitin diaper rash cream instead of toothpaste!

    You rock, Mama M!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answers :-)
    And thanks for picking the money wish, I did that as well - but hesitating if I'm too material *g*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I'm a new follower of your blog. I came across this "Five Question Friday" twice today so I decided to play!

    I promise you that I wrote my post before I read your answers...because our wishes are almost exactly the same. LOL

    Great blog! I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. icarly is the bomb... sorry.. it is. Out of all the shows my kids could be watching, this is by far one of the best.

    go dad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA Those are awesome! I am the opposite of your legs. My torso is freakishly short. I am 5'3" and I have a 32" inseam. So when I was pregnant with my son, at 16 weeks along people were touching my belly saying things like "oh you are getting close now" *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how funny that one of our wishes is the same, I swear I did not read your answers before I answered, hahaha...

    And I hated High school too, and I almost failed completely!

    Love this, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Great answers! (as per usual of course!)

    I sooooo enjoyed writing my 5QF answers today! :)

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm going to go write my answers in a minute, but I had to comment on your number 5, because I am 5'7 as well, but my legs are the Exact Same Length as those of my husband who is 6' tall. So for me it's short torso, loooong legs. But hey, at least we can both drive our minivan without ever adjusting the seat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw man, I LOVE McDonald's iced coffees- I should've known they were bad for me. Actually, I love the frappes there even more now, and I'm sure they are much worse;(

    Have a great weekend, even if you do have to work...here's hoping for rain:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just realized that it was one of my questions used... yay! hahaha. Can you tell my mommy brain is FRIED?! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answers! I wouldn't go back to high school for less than a million dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Mama M....your 5QF has got me back to blogging again...even if my rants are short. Thank you! True Lemon is crystallized lemon juice. It's like squeezing/plopping a fresh lemon into the water, but a bit cleaner and uber portable. I see you are in MN. I was from MN...grew up in a small southern town, but have been in Vegas now for 11 years. Kudos to you and the 5 kids...2 keep me busy enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love iCarly!! And yes, I realize it's done now, but still. Love. And Phineas and Ferb. Their sister Candace cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte