Skip to main content

It was a close one...

Earlier this week, I was side swiped by a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad virus that slapped me across the face and took up residence inside my sinus cavities.

It all started with some sneezing on Saturday...a sore throat by Sunday...and on Monday, it was apparent that I was heading downhill. Monday evening I was fairly miserable...but Tuesday?

Well, Tuesday I woke up and was certain I was going to die. 

My teeth hurt. My neck hurt. The base of my skull hurt. My eyelashes hurt. My toenails hurt.

I told my husband, "I think I'm going to die...tell the children I love them.".

So it goes, I had a work meeting I needed to go to Tuesday morning. I wiped the tear (yes, one squeezed out) from my eye and groggily lumbered to work, sniffling and mouth breathing the whole way. And poor Jeanne...she sat by me and I borrowed a pencil and by the end of the meeting, she looked at me and said, "Keep the pencil.".

I went home, tucked myself into bed, pried my eyes open enough to collect children from school and promptly went right back to bed.

Now, I always tease my husband for not being compassionate. And, while the man doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body, he does have a servant's heart...and remember his Love Language? Well, Tuesday night he made Chicken Noodle Soup, cleaned the kitchen, worked on the chicken coop (oh, I haven't told you about that, have I?), and at midnight, blew up birthday balloons for our birthday girl.

I guess I'll forgive him for not being ooey, gooey compassionate.

Anyway, while it was touch and go there for awhile, I'm now certain that I will, most definitely, survive this one.

The good thing about being the first one in the family to get sick? I'll be well enough to care for the others when they get sick...but that's just it...I'm now staring down the barrel of other 6 members of my family, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Who shall fall victim to the "Deadly Plague of 2013", next?



Comments

  1. My entire college campus got hit by "Deadly Plague of 2013" last week. I was unfortunately one of the many that got hit too. I feel your pain. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, that sounds just miserable. I hope you are feeling a thousand times better!

    My husband isn't the compassionate type either. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte