Skip to main content

The Countdown is On!!


Guys?

Three and a half days.

That's it...3 1/2 days of school left and then it's "104 days of summer vacation, and school comes around just to end it!" (Name that ditty.)



I'm not sure who looks forward to summer vacation more, me or my kids. Last year held a lot of promise, and then approximately 3.2 hours into summer vacation I was sick and tired of the bickering and fighting and declarations of "I'M BORED!" and I packed up my hot, sweaty kids and my grumpy, hot self and we hauled our butts down to Sam's Club and bought a trampoline.

"HA!" I declared, "That'll show 'em."

It kinda worked.

But this summer vacation? I'm determined to not let there be ANY bickering and fighting...at the first utterance of "I'M BORED" I will provide them with a list of chores that need to be completed...*insert evil motherly laugh here* mwuahahahahahaha!!! That'll show 'em!

Then, the rest of the summer should be a breeze, right?

Actually, the rest of the summer is proving to be crazy busy. Grad parties, family vacations, the boys going to the Boundary Waters, and house projects GALORE (we have our OWN grad party to look forward to next year...WAAAAAAAA!!!)...yeah, I think we'll stay occupied!

Anyway, the countdown is on. Only 3 more "school nights" until summer vacation!

Then, let the party begin!!


Comments

  1. Ditty = Phineas and Ferb. Love that song!

    Enjoy your summer vacation! I wish I was able to be home with my girl during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been singing that particular ditty all morning! We're OUT! Friday was our last day of school, but I did haul the kids over to help me with a PTO project this morning. Now, because I am the awesome mom that I am, they're all sitting with me at my office trying to decide what kind of treat we're having for lunch, since on their first official day of vacation they've had to 1) go to school and 2) go to work with mom. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, pre-emptively monologuing the master plan has been the end of many a super-villain...it may be now that will not hear even a whisper of 'bored' all through the break and be stuck with all those chores...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. MO-OM!! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your summer vacation plans include Michigan, right?!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, house chores to keep them busy? Let me know how that goes! When we were kids, my mom would make us pick out a book (a very large one, for example, one summer, we read Great Expectations)... we would read out loud, taking turns for each chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte