Skip to main content

Life...it has me in a death grip.


First things first...have you voted for me?! Pretty please do?!! ;) Oh, and PS...you can vote for me everyday!! Wait, maybe what I should say is...will you vote for me everyday?!

Okay...so, quite a few weeks ago, we were in a transition. The photojournalist in me (stop laughing now, it sounded good, okay?!) was capturing every step we took...

The little cribside mirror that entertained our babies...


The lovely crib headboard that experienced the pounding of many baby feet...


The siderail, that was used as a teething toy for our babes...


I had grandiose plans to tell you all about it...but then, life grabbed me by my hair and forced me to dance with it. And party with it. And stay out past my bedtime with it. Dang life...it's so demanding.

And now, I've got a life hangover. I want to sleep, I want a clean house and organization...and I keep begging God, "Please!! I promise to never let life take control like that again!! Just make things better!!"

And God keeps telling me, "Mama, you will let life take control again...so deal with it."

Now...many, many weeks after I first took those photos...after I shed a tear or two about taking our crib down for the first time in 9 years...after I stocked up on pregnancy tests, certain I had just jinxed myself by taking that crib down...guess what?

Life is still making me dance with it. And, the crib still sits...right where I left it.


I'm wondering...could someone please cut in and dance with my life for just one song? I have somethings that need to get done around here.

I promise, I won't let my life touch your butt while you're dancing.


Comments

  1. I voted for you today! Looks like you are in the lead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for you today and will vote for you every day until you win that 500 dollar gift certificate.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voted!!

    Make sure you are taking some time out for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I cried and cried when we finally took the crib down. I couldn't even be around when it left house to go to a new home, a new home with new babies.

    That stage of my life is done. I am grieving. When will the grieving pass, when will the sadness be over? I adore the new and wonderful stages all are in right now!!!! I really do!

    But with closing a chapter on pregnancy and babies, labor, delivery, nursing all night ( I loved it all), preparing my oldest to begin high school and finally accepting my chronic illness, it's been a rough week!

    But, Lord, will this desire of my heart ever leave? You tell us in your word, you will answer the desires of my heart.

    Maybe I should find a new desire??

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a nice blog here. What are we voting on?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte