Skip to main content

Conspiracy Theorist? Perhaps...


Guys...I'm suspicious.

Well, that's not something new...but I'm suspicious that I'm being took. And I don't like being took. ("Being took", how's that for proper grammar?)

Here's my deal. Perhaps you've seen my tweets about my malfunctioning iPhone. Perhaps you haven't.

If you haven't, here's the run down...

Not quite a year ago, I got my iPhone. I'm cheap, so I went with the 3G...aka "the old model", 'cuz I figured I didn't need all that fancy schmancy stuff. Me and my iPhone, we got along just great.



He took care of me, and I took care of him (dropping him only once or twice, which is something to write home about, as I tossed my old cell phone out of my lap onto the garage floor a few too many times.). I may, or may not, have been just ever so slightly smug that my iPhone seemed to not have any quirks.

I'd talked to people who had issues with their phones here and there, but mine? Perfection.

Then...(are you ready for this?)...then, Mr. 4G arrives.


I checked him out from afar and wound up with a, "Meh." I didn't need him...I had my wonderful 3G who had served me just fine.

I plugged him in to my computer one night, and up popped "iTunes has detected new software for your iPhone. Would you like to upgrade to iTunes 4.0?"

Upgrade? Well, hellaya!! I mean, HELLO! It's an upgrade! As in better, movin' up, gettin' smarter! Sign me up for that, baby!

So, I clicked "Upgrade now." And waited while my iPhone sank itself. Er...sunk itself? Wait...synced itself. Yeah. I think that's it. Synced.

UPGRADE = EPIC FAIL. And herein lies the conspiracy. But first...I need to profess my love for Apple...even if they're conspiring against me. Apple...I love you. There, all 'fessed up.

Okay, back to the conspiracy. So...you know my paltry little 3G? He sucks now. Ever since that damn *insert finger quotes here* "upgrade", he's awful. He changed on me...and girls, not for the better. He's slow and stuttery and kicks me off of apps and the phone is all wonky sometimes.

Even after I tried to fix him. I wiped him out (with the help of my love's over at Apple Care. They rock. With a capital R-A-W-K.), and restored him as new.

I didn't work.

I think...when the big shot 4G came out, "they" conspired to make all of we who are happy with our 3G's, unhappy with them so that we'd upgrade to the 4G. They offered us "new" software to improve our phones which only made them run slower in hopes we throw our hands up and say, "Oh, almighty Apple Gods...I succumb! I need the 4G! *and could you please send it to me via overnight airmail?*"

Grrrr. I want my old 3G back.

I really didn't want him to change.

Lesson learned. Don't try to change what you love...it'll come back to bite you in the rear.

And Apple?

I'm on to you.

Comments

  1. Totally agree, I don't even upgrade my laptop, because they slow it down, I know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no....this makes me sad. I am a true Apple lover through and through!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel! I did the same thing and it was a disaster which lead me to buy the new iPhone! Then I started to think maybe thats why the upgrade is weird on the 3g so that it would LEAD you to have to buy the new iPhone, just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much never upgrade any software for anything because I've had that happen one too many times.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could it be that it wasn't the upgrade at all...just the fact that he is a man and after the year long honeymoon, he became slow, stuttery and, well, just a typical man? LOL

    Kidding.

    Thanks for the heads' up ... I won't be upgrading my old 3G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear your new Apple software is rotten to the core. *snort, snort* Sorry. Couldn't resist. You have, however, lessened my iPhone envy. Even if it's only by a smidge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned not to do a software upgrade on Apple products until I have read reviews of other users using the same equipment I am using. Apple reps do not like you tell them this either. They get very snotty with you.

    I have an iPod Touch 2G. It was less than a year old when iOS4 came out and wouldn't be able to use all the features of the new OS. That's when my brief love affair with Apple ended. I will never again spend $400 on an iPod and will not be getting a Macbook when it's time to replace my notebook.

    If you are interested, below are instructions revert your software back to 3.1.3. But it's one of those at your own risk deals since the instructions are not from Apple.
    http://cnettv.cnet.com/downgrade-your-iphone-3g-from-ios-4/9742-1_53-50090954.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to suggest the same thing as Marla above. I didn't do the upgrade because I heard horror stories, but a good friend of mine did, and then used that to go back to the older version. She seems happy with it now.

    I hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my. I've heard this very story from several iphone users. Sorry it happened to you :-(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree...it's a total conspiracy! I "upgraded" my iTunes on my iPod a little while back and it never worked after that! What, what? I had to buy a new one! Not that I mind...but still!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Bestie--I'm having the SAME DUMB PROBLEMS ARRGH!!! Apple--I love Apple--but do NOT like being forced to upgrade my phone because they screwed it up! GRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no, that's terrible :(

    Although I am the opposite of you on only one thing... I hate, hate, hate Apple!(did I mention "hate" LOL) I have a few products from them and they all are epic fails! The software that seems to come with most Apple products is just terrible. I will never ever buy another because their software is the worst. So sorry about your phone :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, I'm completely with you in the conspiracy idea. Both Hubby and I have noticed our archaic 3G phones have become rather sluggish now that the new fandangled 4G is available here in Canada (not that you can actually get one...each store got 6, yes 6 phones on release day!). I haven't even updated lately, it just became delayed in pretty much everything I want it to do. Stupid phone...okay, okay, I take that back. Sluggish or not, I love my phone...I love my Mac too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte