Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 8/27/10


It's Frrrriiiiiiddddaaaayyyyy!!! Welcome to Five Question Friday!



And...ah...you know, in case I haven't mentioned it yet...it's the last day to vote for my video submission on YouTube! Ack!! I'm a bundle of nerves...it is SUCH a close race...so, pretty pretty please, vote for me?!

I can not believe that we are in our last weeks of "summer"...in quotes, 'cuz I always feel like summer ends when school begins...even tho' "technically" it doesn't! Makes me wanna cry just a little bit.

I don't like summer to end. :(

The Mr. and I went to a political...er...event (?) last night, and I'm afraid a fire has been lit under his back side. Friends...I am sooooo not cut out to be a politician's wife. I will have to go to some sort of "finishing school" for political wives or something, if he should ever run for office. Heaven help us all (from me, not him. He'd be great. Me...not so much.).

Anywho, onto Five Question Friday!!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then go to YouTube to vote for my video. (I kid. I KID!! Well, I mean, I want you to vote for me, but it's not a 5QF rule!) Then, c'mon back Friday morning and link up!

Feel free to answer the questions in the comments if you don't have a blog!

Questions for Friday, August 26th: (Special thanks to Pam, Deanna, Sandy, Jill, and Julianne for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, c'mon over to my community, and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. How many pets do you have?

2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?

3. What is your favorite money saving tip?

4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up?

5. What is your favorite quote?

---------------------------

1. How many pets do you have?

We have one. And, IMO, it's one too many.

Wait! Before you "UNFOLLOW" 'cuz you think I'm a pet hater...hear me out.

I'm not a hater. I'm just not a lover. I think it's because I've got so many kids, taking care of one more living, breathing, needing (emphasis on the "needing" part) just sends me a bit over the edge.

Then, there's that whole "drive by licking" things that dogs do that send me over the edge.

That, and they eat their poop and lick their butts.

Grody.

2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?

Okay...you'll probably think I'm a dork...but, well...someone like Carrie Underwood.

Young. Gorgeous. Talented.

For just once in my life, I'd love to experience what it would be like to walk on a stage with an arena full of people screaming for me. But just once.

3. What is your favorite money saving tip?

Um, well...I'll show you:

This girl...she keeps me home. And keeping me home, in turn, saves me money.

I used to love shopping. Now, I develop a nervous tick whenever the thought of even going to the mall enters my mind.

4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up?

Okay...get ready for the cliche of your lifetime...

Happy.

I want my kids to be happy when they grow up.

Rich, successful, HAPPY doctors and lawyers that is. ;)

Kidding! I really, honestly, truly do want them to be happy. If they are happy, then they are successful.

You can't define success by how much cash a person has, or how nice their cars are...if they are happy, they are successful.

5. What is your favorite quote?

Oh, gosh. You know...quotes to me are like books...as soon as I read one, I think "Hey! That's a great one!" and then I promptly forget it...

There are a few I remember...

"There once was a man from Nantucket..." ...er, wait. That's a limerick, I think. ;)

How 'bout this:

"While the days seem long,
The years go fast."

Or, Sandy (the Sandy from the link above...) has this Dr. Seuss quote on her blog:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I love that. I love the message of being true to yourself!

----------------------------------

And with that, my friends...I'm outtie! Have a great weekend!



Comments

  1. I have several of the same answers as you! Great minds do think alike. You are so right though little ones do tend to keep you home which keeps money in your wallet! Love your humor too! You can always bring a smile to my face! Happy Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    My daddy used to say that to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks, thanks, thanks, that was the quote I couldn't find anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! http://www.boyohboyohboy.com/2010/08/5-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote as well day to day!!
    Please come visit me! I need friends, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, did you steal my answer to #4? LOL. Just kidding. But seriously, our answers are the same! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday! I can't believe that summer is coming to an end also! It has really flown by, and I am a bit sad it is ending too. I love how your baby girl is your money saving tip LOL! The little people really do make going out difficult don't they! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is why I don't have pets! (See my answer to #1 at www.mymusingsd.blogspot.com and you'll see what I mean.) I don't hate them. Occasionally, I like other people's pets. But never my own.

    The licking, the drooling, the shedding, the enormous expense - I'll pass, thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! I relate to answer #1... I love my dog but he's a little beast! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are the opposite. My kids sometimes drive me crazy if I don't get them out of the house to run some errands. And then I spend money.

    And I probably pretend to be Carrie Underwood once a week or so. If your imagination is good enough, you CAN be her for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm the same way with quotes... I have a few faves, but whenever I hear a good one, if I don't write it down, it's gone forever. LOL

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Dr. Seuss quote too! I've never had a chance to play along before, but this time I made sure to link up & hop! :> Hope your weekend is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Friday! I voted for your video. Who can say no to a cute baby? ;-) But what I want to know is who would dislike that? Really? It looks like all of the "political nonsense" may already be starting for you. Good luck to you and I hope you win!

    And trust me, I am right there with you on #3. I don't ever go out alone with my two, and even when Daddy goes too I still have heart palpitations.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first time participating in Five Question Friday. It was a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck in the contest! I put a link in my post today and I emailed it to some friends!! I have a friend entering another video contest so I put both of y'all's links on my post!!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  16. It seems we all have the same answer in regards to our kiddos...happiness is what we wish for them!! Happy 5QF!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love that Dr Seuss quote!! Also, I voted for you and trying to help spread the word, good luck and hope you win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that quote too....thanks for hosting have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Friday! I was just swinging by to invite you to join us for our Spotlight Saturday Blog Hop. Link up your blog and another you'd like to spotlight this week. I hope you have a great weekend!

    Kel
    www.betweenthelines-kel.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im now a follower!
    http://thethriftymilitarywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. your little one is so adorable what a doll face she has!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so with you on # 1 and #3. Wouldn't it be great if we could just rent a pet for a day or two. Then we could say, been there, done that.
    About the shopping my little one hates the cold, smells and noise of most stores, online shopping is my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's my first time participating... so glad I found this fun meme :) I'll be back for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting this again! It is great!

    http://mydevotionalthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/08/five-question-friday-82710.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an adorable little money saving tip!

    ReplyDelete
  26. YO YO YO!!! I just got back from camping (oh, how I love the scheduled posting so no one knows my house is not inhabited!), so I'm just now getting back into the swing of things! I love your quote! :) (it's my favorite too!) BUT...it would make my blog look sad (or calandar-ly challenged) to do 5QF on a M. But I love your answers too! This is one of my favorite blog hops....and this has got to be my longest comment on anyone's blog yet!! Doesn't that make you feel special? Ok...rambling here...hit publish, Sandy....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte