Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 8/20/10


Hey guys!! I'm coming at you "on location" from somewhere even MORE primitive than South Dakota!

I've gotta ask for your forgiveness up front, 'cuz I know this ain't gonna be pretty!! I'm doing a lot of copy and pasting from my phone's notepad to my blog...so bear with me!

Happy Friday! Let's get started!



Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions, answer them, then make sure to link up when the linky's up! I typically post the linky early Friday morning, so watch for it! If you are "blogless", feel free to answer the comments below!

Questions for Friday, August 20th: (Special thanks to Colleen, Nel for inspiration, Deanna, Jillfor inspiration, and Sandy for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, head on over to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did it come about?

2. What is your birth order amongst your siblings?

3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?

4. What is currently your favorite song?

5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?


--------------------------------------

1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did it come about?

Yes. But, if I told you, I'd hafta kill you. ;)

Well, okay...I can tell you one. When I was a wee lil lass, me grandmum (okay, sorry...I'll stop with the British thing...) my grandma called me "Miss Muffett", which was then shortened to "Muff"...which once upon a time Gram slipped while I was at work as a teenager, and I was known as "Muff" amongst the grocery batters for months.

But, I love my Gram. So I forgave her. (But, I haven't forgotten!!)

2. What is your birth order amongst your siblings?

I am the second born of four children...which, I guess, makes me a "middle" and could be the explanation for many of my quirks.

I am the only girl, so I've gotta 'fess up and tell you that I led a pretty charmed childhood. And, by "charmed" I could maybe, possibly, perhaps mean I was slightly (okay, A LOT) spoiled.

But, I didn't act spoiled. Er...wait. Did I mom and dad?

3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?

Ahem. Why Mr. Wonderful of course. But, you know, if he were unavailable, I'd most certainly ask Marlboro Man to fill his shoes.

Ooooooohhhhhh, yes. I think Marlboro Man would do a decent job of filling his shoes! ;)

4. What is currently your favorite song?

Currently, my favorite song (much to my husband's delight and benefit) is Chuck Wicks' (who, btw, I also wouldn't mind playing Mr. Wonderful in a movie of my life) "Hold That Thought".



That song is HOT!!!

*fans self* Whew!! I need to take a cold shower just thinking about it!! *blushing*

5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?

Yuppers! I am saving my money to buy myself a big girl camera!! My current D40 is just not quite cutting it for me anymore...I have my eyes set on a D90 or a D300S, but I can't decide if the difference between them is worth the $$$!

I'd love you thoughts, comments, suggestions on that!

-----------------------

Okay, it's linky time now!! I will be heading into civilization later today, and I'll try to pretty this up a bit and some links that I can't via notepad!!

Have a great weekend!



Comments

  1. Oh man - I bet your co-workers had a field day with that nickname! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Muff, I need a new camera too. A good one. But that's way down on the list of things we need to spend money on. Anyhow, be sure to tell us what you decide on so we can copy you when our time comes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muff...that is hilarious! Don't think that Gram really slipped, she wanted everyone to know.
    The only girl...you were every bit of spoiled and you acted it to...didn't ya? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your nickname its cute. But who the heck is Chuck Wicks, and what does he sing ???
    I quess I will have to look his name up so I can do some fanning too..
    My fanning person is Chris Issak..

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun to be here for the first time...

    http://emotera-momikoito.blogspot.com/2010/08/five-questions-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers! I think your nick name is cute! LOL! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo, I want a new camera too! But alas, baby stuff trumps my camera lusts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LMAO
    I gotta tell you that "Muff" is somewhat rude & crude over here in Bonnie Scotland!! Let's just say it's a nickname for a body part, rather than a person!! LOL :D

    Thanks again for hosting one of my favourite memes!! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Annette
    www.mammakerr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love a new camera, too. I have a decent point and shoot, but really miss my SLR.

    oh, Grams! Muff would have been pretty embarrassing during jr and sr high!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marlboro Man? You like 'em rough and rugged huh? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE my D90. Also have the D40 as a backup and my daughter uses it. btw, love the song. That singer could easily play my Mr Wonderful. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, nice to be back on FQF.

    Will have to look your favorite song.

    My last savings went on a D700, and I am not looking back. You would love a D300, if your savings are not reaching that far. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am one of your newest followers. Thanks for hosting this blog hop. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the video of Chuck Wicks. Ok Ok I will never ask you who he is again...LOL

    Can I change my movie person to Chuck ???? Toodles Kath'

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea for a blog hop!! My first time here and I'll definitely be back.

    Liz
    The Bagel Factory

    ReplyDelete
  16. New cameras are always exciting. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow I need a shower after that video too!! I would love a new camera! Hopefully if I get a chance on a Friday I can join in again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL..... I do like that song. However, Chuck came by our station about three days before he filmed that video and a joke started. The joke doesn't allow me to take the video or the song seriously, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte