Skip to main content

Dear Hambone...


5 years ago today, you came rip-roaring into this world.

Sparing your mama a few weeks of pregnancy, and providing her with an incredibly wonderful delivery, you made us parents for the 4th time.

You are a wise old soul, silly by nature, goofy and definitely your own man...you could give a rat's behind what people think about you.


However...you most definitely act the baby brother part! Easy to shed a tear (or ten) I often hear, "Mama, Belle's bein' mean to me!" or "Mama! E.W. hurt me!"

You enjoy catching toads with your big brother, you'd prefer if we just let you wear your rain boots, and if we let you, you'd run around in your unders all day long!

Dragons, dinosaurs, and playing war fill your days...and you didn't earn the title of "MovieHead" for no good reason! Along with those unders...you'd just as soon we leave you alone and let you watch movie after movie all day. Don't worry...we make you shut it off!


Your fun loving spirit is infectious, and you are a fabulous big brother to your baby sister. I often wonder what it will be like having the two of you left at home...I get the sense that you will be a protector of your sister.

That, or you will torment her to death!

We love you Hambone. You are a wonderful son...you make us proud, you make us laugh, and you fill our lives with joy.


Happy Birthday buddy! We love you so, so, so, so much!!



Comments

  1. What a handsome birthday boy you have there! Happy 5th Birthday E.W.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Hambone!! You are one sweet precious boy!

    Mama.. your pics are wonderful. They always have the best lighting and are so clear! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday!! Today is also a birthday in my house.
    http://nhmommaof5.blogspot.com/2010/08/2-turns-11.html
    11 years ago, I became a mom of a daughter, a gorgeous, lovely, daughter.

    A very special day indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww your son is so cute! Happy Birthday Hambone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy b-day, Hambone! What wonderful pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy birthday little man, he sounds like my middle guy with the movies and undies LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to the little guy. He is so adorable. Those eyes.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so sweet! What adorable pictures too! Happy Birthday to your little Hambone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful letter for Hambone to treasure when he's too old to remember being 5! You're an awesome mom for taking the time to tell him how special he is and how much you love him. Happy Birthday, Hambone! -Eastlyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute pics....Happy Birthday to your son

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope he had a wonderful birthday! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte