Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 8/6/10


Hey friends! Okay...so I know I said I was gonna vlog this...but the logistics just didn't work out. My eyes are swollen to about 1/4 of their normal size, by noth ith plugged, and my family is sleeping crammed into a pop up camper.


Trust me when I say it's in everyone's best interest if I don't wake them.

Our ride to the Black Hills WAS eventful. It took us almost 3 hours to get 1 hour away from home. We had a puker, a potty liar, and Aunt Flo. Between the three of them, stops were aplenty!

I do promise, tho...that there is a vlog coming up! A vlog in which I NEED your help to win a contest! I'll let you know when it's up...but I am trying to do THAT one from the road...so wish me luck!

Now, onto 5QF!!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back (tomorrow) for the linky! Since 5QF is "on location" this week, I think I'm gonna vlog it from the camper...scratchy voice and stuffy nose and all!

Questions for Friday, August 6: (Special thanks to Jill, Sandy, Bethany, Bethany (again, but different), and Danielle for their question suggestions! If you'd like to be linked in a future 5QF, just head on over to my community and offer up your best!)

1. Are you a neat sleeper or a messy sleeper?

2. Fill in the blank. I wish I was more ________________.

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?

4. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market?

5. If you could have any meal brought to you right now, what would it be?

--------------------------------------------

1. Are you a neat sleeper or a messy sleeper?

There is only once case in which I am neat...and that is in my sleep. How weird is THAT?!

I must have the top cover taut and smooth agaist my feet, or I just can't take it. I will wake up in the morning, with my side still all nice and neat...and Mr. Wonderful will look as if he's tried to mummify himself with the covers.

I'm surprised we're still married, actually. The big booger...always messin' up my covers!

My mom once told me that I look like I'm in a coffin when I sleep. I'm on my back with my hands folded on my chest! Lately I've been more of a tummy sleeper...but still a neat tummy sleeper.

2. Fill in the blank. I wish I was more ________________.

I wish I was more full of will power.

Will power to clean, will power to work out, will power to clean...oh, and have I mentioned will power to clean?

My husband would love me so much more if I had more willpower. But...actually...I think I should have answered "I wish I was more organzied!" That would be ideal.

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?

Well...see I've been through this...

When I found out we were expecting Hambone, I was a tad stressed out overwhelmed. My baby had just turned one, and I wanted to cry.

So, my mom found a fabulous deal for us to go to Mexico...just the two of us, for a little girl time. It was wonderful.

Much needed.

Moms always know just what their daughters need.

So, we get there, and I'm dying for some ice cream. I get some...agonizing over which flavor I should go for...and I noticed she didn't get any.

Well...we walk away from the ice cream dude...I take a big ol' bite of my ice cream...and:

*GAG* *BARF* *RETCH* *GAG SOME MORE*

It was nasty. And my mom? She's all, "Oh, yeah...I should of told you, the ice cream sucks here."

And I was all..."Wha'?! Huh?! You mean...I can't beli...my own mama didn't warn me of this?!"

She laughed...I was morified for the rest of the trip...wonder just what else she's been holding back from me! ;)

I have now given her strict instruction to warn me of grody things.

It's only right.

4. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market?

Okay...time for an admittance of neuroses...I can't stand used stuff.

It's like chocolate covered strawberries. It gives me shivers and makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm not sure I have ever purchased something from a garage sale.

Please don't think I'm snobby...I just can't stand the thought of other people touching my stuff. Putting my skin on something some random stranger had on their skin, you know?

Anyway...call me crazy.

5. If you could have any meal brought to you right now, what would it be?

I'm temped to say "Chicken Noodle Soup", 'cuz I'm feeling kind of yucky.

BUT...I LOVE Carrot Gravy. YOU have to try it! It is so comforing and yummy and amazing.

Give it a shot sometime...you'll thank me later!

Okay...when you read this, I'll be galavanting around the Black Hills! Have a fabulous weekend...I'll keep you posted about on our trip!

And now...it's linky time!




Comments

  1. I'm also not a fan of used clothing. I will purchase furniture and things though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. used clothes= chocolate covered strawberries? hahaha. That's hilarious. I LOOOOOVE chocolate covered strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of carrot gravy!! Must be a midwest thing!

    Hope you feel better!! DARN that Flo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so craving comfort food right now and that carrot gravy looks delish! I'll be trying it this weekend for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you not like chocolate covered strawberries? I mean.... wow, I'm speechless. And even if you don't like them, they certainly aren't as bad as used books, shoes, underwear, and playdough of a questionable nature sitting out in the sun for hours!

    I'm really not sure I can follow your blog or participate in your blog hops anymore....

    Okay, I can, because you're still all kinds of awesome, but really? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew it! I knew that every woman would say that! You just need to read my post.

    And it sucks having to travel with Flo. You have my greatest sympathies!

    I can't believe you won't buy garage sale underwear. Snob. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, when I went to Mexico, the ice crem tasted fine. I guess it depends what part you're in?
    If your mom knew though, she really should have said something.

    I'm joining your 5Q Friday for the first time. (new follower)

    I think I found you through One Cluttered Brain pretty much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the anwser about getting organized. That should of been my answer on this one as well.
    The carrot gravy I have never heard of but I am thinking you should of written the directions on this one for us that are scratching our heads. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday, hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I needed your mom when I was preggo, I was a crazy mess! Why is Mexico's ice crea so yucky I wonder?
    Joining for my first time, yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Than k you for hosing. I am all linked up and posted.
    http://traci66.blogspot.com/2010/08/five-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, I'm cracking up at your "used stuff" neurosis. You do realize that all the new stuff in stores gets touched by everyone's grubby hands too, right? ;-)

    Not being warned of gross things is awful. What's worse is when someone says "This is so gross! Try it!" Why do we always want to share the gross things? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. More will power would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday! I hope you're having a wonderful vacation...even though you didn't get the questions up early enough for me last night. ;-)

    I am amused sometimes at how similar our answers are. I am totally with you on the garage sale stuff. Ewwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  15. UGH that totally sucks about the ice cream. How you can mess up ice cream? It is my favorite dessert. LOL

    Thanks for the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  16. UGH...I'm totally tuffy in my noth right now too! I'm trying to work as much as I can, but I can't hear a THING and people can't understand me....My boys are at grandmas for the night (HOORAY!) which means I can either focus on my work....or take a nap.

    I vote: nap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't blogged since last 5QF but I didn't want to miss out. I love hearing about peoples' pet peeves and neuroses-it's great! I think chocolate covered strawberries are pretty to look at but a pain to eat. My SIL makes some of the best. Right there with you on the organization front...seems to be a common wish. Hope you feel better and enjoy what's left of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You crack me up! I'm not a fan of used clothing either. IN fact, the private school is having a used clothing sale on uniforms tomorrow -- both my boys need uniforms. My husband said "BUY NEW...that's gross!" ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, I will call you crazy about not liking used clothes. There's a thing called a washing machine. My kids have almost exclusively lived in hand-me-downs from friends and garage sales. I don't get it when I read that people have a problem with that. Heck, I even blogged about it back in February! ;o) http://chrissyrenee79.blogspot.com/2010/02/thankful-for-hand-me-dows.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte