Skip to main content

Back to Colorado

Back to Colorado...figuratively, not literally, as in "back to our trip", not "that's it, I'm packin' up and going back to Colorado!".

You know what?

I could move. Right now, I could up and move my family out to Colorado. Of course, that'd be irresponsible but OH MY HEART. I have fallen in love.

I realize I'm basing this "love" not on real life...we slept in (sorta), we had the most amazing chocolate chip cookies everyday, we walked everywhere, went out for supper every night, there was no laundry or meals to cook or homework to do or dishes to wash or jobs to report to, and...get ready for this, we ate outside SO MANY TIMES! Odd, because the CO temps were similar to MN temps and you would NEVER find us eating outside.


It was flippin' amazing. And those cookies. Ooooooh, how I want one right now. These were not "3 o'clock Base of the Mountain Cookies...these were The Pines (our hotel) cookies and they were the most amazing things I've ever had. Ever.

The first full day of our trip we went skiing. I was a nervous wreck and my husband was (mostly) patient with me. If I post a video, will you laugh at me?

Oh, who am I kidding...if I can make someone laugh, that means I've done my job for the day! Laugh away!

Here I am...only this is Day 2 of skiing. If you play this in sloooowwwww motion, you'll get an idea of how Day 1 went.


My dear sweet husband told me, "You know, you can go faster than 2 inches per hour! Even if you double your speed, you won't get hurt if you fall!"

But, I was too scared...and then he said, "I think maybe you confused downhill skiing with cross country skiing."

Smarty pants boobhat that he is.


Anyway, I discovered a few things about myself that first trek down the mountain. Here they are:

1. A blue run skier I will never be...let alone a black diamond.
2. Greens are meant for me. In fact, my favorite "runs" were the connecting paths between runs. Yes, you read that right, I went all the way to Colorado to ski and I preferred to ski the paths.
3. I don't like people when I'm skiing. People whizzing past me FREAKED ME THE HECK OUT! I was so worried about crashing into someone that I decided 2 inches/hour was my max speed.
4. As long as I can ski my greens (i.e. mountain paths) I am a happy camper but as soon as I feel pressure to do something riskier (i.e. a "real" green run), I started to sweat my mittens right off. (Quite literally, actually. We had to put my mittens on the boot dryers at the hotel...and they weren't wet from snow!)
5. For the first time in my life, I didn't care what people thought about me! I was just bound and determined to make it to the base of the mountain alive, in one piece, and without taking someone out along the way. (PS, I succeeded!).
6. I LOVE the mountains. 

If I'm going to be totally honest, I'm still having a bit of some post vacation blues. I want to go back. I want to bring the kids with us. I want to move there. (Yes, I have been searching properties. Unfortunately, we don't have a spare 30 million dollars laying around.)

I may have mentioned this before, but I felt so healthy and alive there! So active and vibrant and full of life! It was amazing and probably 90% because: no responsibility, but still.


I can honestly say that this was my favorite vacation to date. This vacation impacted me like no other vacation has...we MUST go back and if you like the outdoors AT ALL, go to Colorado. We were told by several locals that we have to come back in the summer...that there is WAY more to do in the summer.

I think we need to take them up on that.

See you soon!
M.

 

Comments

  1. Ecommerce & Responsive Website Development!
    Creation of websites for business - the company WebiProg offers you bespoke web development and web design of online stores based on CMS OpenCart or other platforms. You will get: custom desing, speed ptimization, security patches, catalog, multilingual, multisite, connection to different payment and delivery systems, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte