Skip to main content

Foresight

Why does hindsight have to be 20/20? I really wish, I mean really, really wish, that foresight could be 20/20...you know?


I've been doin' a lot of thinkin' lately. And I've decided...I wish I had educated myself more.


For my children's sake.


Rather than just taking "their" word for it.


Not that I don't trust "their" word...I just think "they" need to getcha while they have you.


Know what I'm talking about?


Why, it's the Great Debate, of course!! "Childhood Vaccinations".


I still haven't educated myself entirely on it...I'm of the mindset, now, that "what's done, is done"...my babe's 18 months old...nearly done with her shots...well, actually, we may have just finished them...till kindergarten, anyway. And, Little A. just received his Kindergarten shots today.


I know, without a doubt, that I would still have chosen to vaccinate my kids fully...being a nurse and all, I know I would feel that that's what I "need to" do.


But, I wish I would have done it differently. I wish someone would have told me, back when I was a sweet young mother (versus a grumpy old hag) that I have options. That my kiddos don't have to be slammed with 5 vaccines in one day. I honestly didn't realize, that there were "alternative schedules".


I wish in hindsight, that my foresight could have been 20/20. You know?


I wish I would have read books about alternative schedules for vaccines...that I would have researched and educated myself 'bout these shots and their "schedules".


But, such is life. And we cannot turn back time. And my kiddos are healthy and none the wiser for their mama's ignorance.


And ignorance, my friends, is not bliss.

But, 20/20 foresight would be!! ;)





Comments

  1. I have been reading your blog for a while and became a follower today. Since I just started my new blog. Thank you for your information on swine flu.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte