Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!!


Here we go, friends! Our Five Question Friday (with a Thursday night posting, to facilitate a fellow mama, who's sweet little Belli is having surgery Friday)!!

So...the rules?

Copy and paste the questions to your blog, answer them, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code, link up and voila (I soooo wish I could put that cute little accent above the 'o'...or would it be the 'i'?)!! You're hoppin' along with us!

A special thanks to Sandy, Megan Silva and Keely for this week's questions!!

September 4th Questions:

1. The clothing outfit you remember from childhood and why?

2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

3. What is your must have for Fall?

4. If money were no object, how many kiddos would you really have?

5. The best part of your birthing story (other than the beautiful child at the end).

-----------------------------------------------
September 4th Questions:

1. The clothing outfit you remember from childhood and why?

I used to model (ahem)...remember this post? My most memorable outfit was from one of those gigs. Navy blue knickers with a sporty little vest (can you say fugly????). Yeah, ugly it was, but it sticks with me...hmmmm, someday I'll have to show you the old, faded, yellowed newspaper clips glossy fashion magazine layouts I was in. Someday.

2. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?

You mean other than a model? :) Okay, so when I was little, I wanted to be 1. a mom (check!) 2. a "worker at the Dairy Queen" (man, I was smart even back then!). So, I accomplished one goal...there's still time for that DQ gig, right?

3. What is your must have for Fall?

Hmmm...Zyrtec, Kleenex, Visine. Oh, wait...I think we're talkin' fashion here! I am on the hunt for some more fab flats (yikes, don't mess that one up..."flab fats"!). I'm hoping to find a pair that comes, even just remotely, close to my favorite yellow flats! Orange? Turquoise? Something fun! And jeans! I love jeans! I am looking forward to my first fall/winter (in almost 9 years!!) without being pregnant or breastfeeding! No maternity clothes, no saggy nursing bras...watch out InStyle! Here I come!

4. If money were no object, how many kiddos would you really have?

As many as I could. But that would include a full time housekeeper and me not working! I love children, love them, love them, love them!!! I love that my children have siblings to play with, that our holidays are crazy, busy chaos, that mealtimes are full of chatter. Love it. (But, the fighting, the teasing, the arguing...ugh, that I could do without!!)

5. The best part of your birthing story (other than the beautiful child at the end).
Oooh, I love talking labor and delivery! I'll tell you about my "favorite" birth. With my third, I had, essentially, walked myself into labor while shopping (I knew it was brewing, stuck close to the hospital after work--snowstorm!!). Mr. Wonderful picked me up at the mall, we checked in, I got my antibiotics (Group B Strep positive, here). Everything calm, controlled. Sometime around midnightish, the doc broke my water...about an hour and a half later, it was pushing time (or, at this point "DON'T PUSH" time)...my nurse was great, calm room, dim lights, quiet voices. My doc came, I pushed a couple times. All the while I was watching in a mirror (A-MAY-ZING!!! Keep in mind, I get to watch everyone else have their babies, I wanted to watch my own baby deliver!). When the doc had delivered his shoulders, she told me to reach down...and I got to deliver him the rest of the way. The best, most wonderful birthing experience I've ever had. I still get teary talking about it!!

And now, it's time for you to link up!! Looking forward to getting to know more about you!


MckLinky Blog Hop








Comments

  1. Thank you so much for doing this and for mentioning Isabelle's surgery for me! Night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the fun idea! i'm all linked up at #3, didn't add my name tho...only the blog link oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO with you on having more children... as long as he/she comes with a housekeeper/cook/etc... :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Friday things are getting to be contagious! :)
    Thanks for doing it again, I needed the format instead of trying to type off the top of my head (hard to balance the monitor up there anyways)

    Have a GREAT weekend!
    Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SOOOOOO love kids too!!! And your BIG heart for all things good!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Off the hizzay fo shizzay!!! Love it..and I want some cute flats too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

    You guys are so lucky to not have to start school until after Labor day....

    I will be back to read more about your sweet family....

    ReplyDelete
  8. will get the recipe to you as soon as I find it...just moved and stuff is still in boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I intended to do this on friday...and didn't.....maybe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I intended to do this on friday...and didn't.....maybe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these questions and your answers... I missed it!

    ...also fun reading about your modeling days in your earlier post.

    Blessings and Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte