Skip to main content

The Big FOUR-OH.

Well...this is it guys. My last night in my 30's. Laying another decade to rest and starting a brand new one with a bigger number. Gah.

Ugh...I'm struggling with this big birthday of mine like I never thought I would. I think part of it is (I'm so sorry, mom!) that when my mom was 40, she was a grandma...and the thought of that makes me want to throw up.

SHE WAS SO YOUNG!!!! (Look! I said she was young when she was 40...so why do I feel old?!)

I was thinking back to a conversation I had with a boy friend when I was much, much, much younger (I was probably 16ish)...we were discussing my parents and he said, "Well, you know...she's no spring chicken anymore." You guys...YOU GUYS...this was well BEFORE I made my mom a grandma at 40. Which means, she was the ripe old age of 37...maybe 38 at the time.

Waaaaaaaaa!!! "No spring chicken." Lord help me. She was just a baby.
 

My aunt told me that "40 is the old age of youth and 50 is the youth of old age."   So...I guess that makes me the old geezer of all you youngin's?! For some reason, that doesn't make me feel better.

It's just a number, right? I mean, you're only as old as you act or feel or...something?

Maybe I need to get a tattoo. Or pierce my nose (rest assured I will NOT pierce my belly button...I'm afraid it would get lost in the folds of middle agedness). Maybe that'll make me feel young and carefree again...or, maybe the fresh mountain air of Colorado will reset my attitude and I'll come home relaxed, refreshed and ready to kick 40's ass.

Yes...let's go with that. 

40, take note. You're about to get your ass kicked!!

See you tomorrow,
M.

 

Comments

  1. Happiest Birthday!! You look great for any age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama M, I remember turning 40 but I didn't mind it at all. Mentally I felt the same as when I was a teenager and physically I looked pretty good (at least in my mind). I weathered that decade pretty well and when I hit the bit 5-0 bday I was still unmoved by the mentality associated with getting older. I actually had the most difficult time emotionally moving from my teen years into my twenties. I'm 55 now and I don't mind telling anyone, either. It just doesn't bother me. I healthy than a lot of women much younger than me and more than the gals I went to school with, so I consider myself blessed beyond measure. It's up to us to make the most of what God gives us and not to worry about anything else but I definitely get ya when thinking about grandkids and the thought of my children making me a grandma definitely is doing a number on my mind. lol However, if we are fortunate to have grand babies added then I will accept this blessing with grace and love and be the hottest grandma alive! :D Happy Birthday and may you have many more wonderful ones to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! (now a month late, I'm sorry!) But you do look good for 40, for real. :) You mentioned getting a tattoo, or a piercing.. Personally, I'd go with a tattoo, and trust me, a lot of people get them in their 40's, so you could totally rock it! Just something to think about. :) (Just be careful, they are addicting). :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte