Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 5/4/12

I can not believe it is May already. Seems like just last week I was in Mexico, crying over my babies I left at home and now suddenly it's spring and my kids are almost done with school and I'm gonna be an aunt in 6 months...or, approximately 16 (oops...not 16, TWENTY-SIX!! Small math error...) weeks. (The labor nurse in me doesn't do "months" of pregnancy...sorry.)




Yesterday was a fabulous day...weather wise and spirit wise! Makes me feel content. Settled. I like that.


So, are y'all ready to share those fancy prom pics? It's like they were just waiting for me...sitting right on top (kinda) of my photo bin. Hooo-weeee, are they fancy! (Wow.)


Should we get this party started?



Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, April 13th: (Special thanks to Gas Family (@gasfamily) from Gas Family Blog, Scott (@ThisDaddys_Blog) from This Daddy's Blog, Kristina (@Kristinascackle) fromKristina's Cackle, Amy (@amy_mcmommy) from Mac or Cheesy and Anna (@annacdaisy) from The Single Mommy Chronicles for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. What did you wear to prom? Include a picture if possible.


2. Would you rather be on the biggest loser or a food eating challenge?


3. Done fave sonic drink? Refreshing summer drink? (Hey, Kristina...was that a typo, or some "done good" Southern thing?)


4. What was your first car, and what did you call it?


5. What's one thing your child or spouse does that sends you over the edge?



------------------------------------------------------------


1. What did you wear to prom? Include a picture if possible.

Okay...you ready for this? 

For this epic "hotness"?

Friends, behold the era of the white lace trimmed, damask-y print, long column dress:


Circa 1995.

Looking back, I wonder what on earth I was thinking...I remember being slightly unsure of my dress...but went with it anyway. I was mostly unsure because purple and white were our school colors and I didn't want to seem too "school spirit-y".

Oh, the woes of an 18 year old.

And, I just have to show you this one, because it cracks me up that I still have baby fat on my cheeks...




The girls I was with? Some of the greatest friends ever...puked neon green from too many "Green Monsters" with the girl in red and always blamed my cigarettes on the girl in navy. Love those girls. (Hi Ang and Aimee!!)

2. 
Would you rather be on the biggest loser or a food eating challenge?

Oh, man. Scott?! Ugh. Well...since I'm feeling rather fat and flabby, I'm gonna go with Biggest Loser. To be honest, I've never even seen it. I live under a rock without any TV channels!

From what people say, tho, I'm pretty sure I'd end up crying. I can't handle it when people are mean to me.

Although, the food eating challenge sounds rather fun. I've always thought it would be so fun to have Guy Fieri's job. Traveling the counrty (with my family, of course) eating my way through the best restaurants we have to offer?

Where do I sign?

And then I'd end my career on "Celebrity Biggest Loser" 'cuz I'd certainly need it after eating my way through the country.

3. Done fave sonic drink? Refreshing summer drink? (Hey, Kristina...was that a typo, or some "done good" Southern thing?)

So, what Kristina was asking was "Have we done 'favorite Sonic drink'?" for a 5QF question before. To answer that, I believe yes, we have. But it's so good, it's worthy of a repeat.

Cherry Limeade. Please and thank you, in the biggest size available for everyone in my family.

The first time we took all of the kids to Sonic (there isn't one close by...so it's reserved for special, "out of the way" occasions), Pal and Hambone ordered shakes. Even though I told them to order Cherry Limeades.

And they regretted their decisions. The Mr. traded his with one of them and the other learned his lesson. Know what that lesson is?

"When it comes to treats and food and snacks, listen to your mama...well, listen to her always, but especially when it comes to treats and food and snacks."

They've never made the same mistake again.

4. What was your first car, and what did you call it?

Oooh, I wish I had a photo.

My very first car was a repossessed Renault Medallion.

Sounds pretty, no? No. It was not.

I remember sitting around talking with one of my friends cousins who was into cars and he told me, "Don't be fooled by the name. It sounds fancy, but it's not." Well, he weren't lyin'.

Lemme see if I can pull up a Google image...hold please...

GAH!! You guys, I found my car. Okay, not MY my car, but MY car looked exactly (right down to the color) like this one:


When I got it, the steering wheel was CAKED with mud. It was totally disgusting. I cleaned and scoured and spit polished that thing...and then I had it a week and filled it with garbage.

Hmmmm...not much has changed! I remember a friend was with me once and I picked up a random wrapper off the floor and said, "Where'd this come from?" and she looked at me like I was crazy (the floor was covered with wrappers) and said, "Someone probably walked past, thought this was a dumpster and tossed it in."

I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.


Oh, and the radio didn't work...so I had a teeny little round radio that we nicknamed "bug"...so, my car didn't have a nickname, but my radio did! I was so bummed that the radio didn't work, 'cuz this car was before its time and had radio controls on the steering wheel and OH how I wanted to use those fancy controls!

5. What's one thing your child or spouse does that sends you over the edge?


Gosh...I feel bad even saying anything, because (and I'm not jsut blowing smoke up your ass) I really have an amazing husband. He helps out around the house and let's me sleep in on weekends and brings me breakfast in bed and is an amazing dad...but.


BUT...there is this one thing.



So, if he does the dishes or washes off the counters, he never drains the sink. Then, by the time I see it in the morning, it's all slimy and cold and I'LL BE DAMNED if I'm reaching my hand into that crap and so I gripe to myself while I search for a spoon long enough to reach the drain so that I don't have to touch the slimy (seriously, WHY does the water get gooey?!) cold nastiness.


And then I stop. And I realize WHY my sink is filled with water, and I remind myself to be grateful for a husband who is hard working and who helps out.


Until the next time I find a sink full of water. ;)


------------------------------------------------------


Can NOT wait to see your prom pics! Be prepared for some more "Blasts from the Past"...found some fun ones while hunting for the prom picture! 


Comments

  1. This is so much fun, thanks Mama M! I love your purple dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and what about having your shoes dyed to match your dress. I realized by you admitting the year of prom that I am older than you by at least 2 years. Let me think what i can tell you to do as your elder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine was purple too! But it was hideous - at least yours is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hotness hahaha you're cracking me up!! Thanks for hosting! :) -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is awesome and had you not worn it, you wouldn't have fit right in with your friends ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is exactly how I pictured it! I'm up on my 1995 fashion.
    When I was going to leave for college, my mom and I went car shopping. Just the 2 of us. We ended up with a Renault. It looked classy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. No prom pics for me, I'm not even sure I'd want to remember if I'd had an 80's prom dr3ess! LOL. I love the rich colors and how well you and your friends' dresses go together.

    I totally love my first car and it was cute! I told everyone it was a baby Camaro and it was going to grow up one day. Your Renault Medallion is what we would have called a "boat."

    I have the same thing with a hubby who does the dishes "wrong," but he does dishes, so I deal. But like you said, until next time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am the one who did things wrong and now I am a princess. My D H cooks and cleans however he refuses to do the laundry - he did it wrong once

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwe, you look so cute in your Prom Dress. And with that family you are and will always be the Biggest Winner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I officially hate you.

    DO YOU NOT AGE AT ALL!?!? You look exactly the same.

    But let's hope you don't own any more collars like that.... the dress was lovely (as were the perfecty dyed shoes!) but that collar ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the red red one your stunning girl :D



    Catalog Printing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte