Skip to main content

All Grown Up

It's official...I'm now a "real" adult.


I'm not sure how much I've spoken of my loathing of the dentist (well, I don't loathe my dentist per se, just what he does...he himself, is a wonderful person) around here, but...well...I do. I HATE going to the dentist.


Even if just for an exam.


I turn into the world's biggest baby and annoy everyone around me...in fact, I even annoy myself!!...after a trip to the dentist. 


For the last, oh, I dunno, forever, I've requested nitrous along with my novocaine, for any dental work...until the last filling I had in '08. At that appointment, it was like the gas made me hypersensitive to EVERYTHING!!!


The drill? SUPER LOUD!!!!!!


I could see the water droplets spraying out of my mouth.


The lights were too bright.


Everything was too noisy.


And after that appointment, I swore off gas. Forever and ever and ever. Amen.


Oddly, when I talked to my mom about not having gas this time she was all, "Oh, no I don't anymore either...it made me feel like my 'spidey-senses' were on overdrive!!" EXACTLY!


Yesterday was the first time my "swearing off" was put to the test and when the assistant said, "Oh! I see you use gas..." I said "NO!! No more gas. PLEASE! NO!! It made me weird last time." Well, okay, maybe it wasn't quite that dramatic.


So, we went without and you know what? I survived. And I didn't feel irritable and crabby and like I wanted to take a nap afterward! Now I'm beginning to wonder if the gas made me all wonky ALL DAY LONG?!


In any event...I'm proud of myself and my big girl panties.


Okay, carry on. I'm done babbling...


Comments

  1. I am so glad to hear I am not the only baby when it comes to going to the dentist. I called just this week to get my kiddo's in and the receptionist was very perky and said, why not you as well. We haven't seen you in a few years. I grumbled and said fine. I will let you know how it goes in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always talk to the dentist about how the electric chair was invented by a dentist. I hate going, but I would rather go then get horrible pain causing cavities and other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My current dentist doesn't even offer the gas. I was nervous last time I had work done because it was the first time for me too, but I didn't even feel a thing. I'm glad it all went well for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, M! I haven't been in about 14 months....HATE the idea of going back in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte