Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 3/9/12

Update: My answers now posted!!

Original post:

Oh, my dear friends...wow. Work was cah-RAZY busy last night and they needed me to stay until 3:30 am...which means that I was left to write this post at approximately 4:19 am...give or take a minute or two.


Writing a post after I get home from work at midnight is one thing...trying to write a post at 4:19? No way!

So, this is what I'm gonna do...I'll post everything like usual...but my answers won't be here until later this morning, when I can form coherent sentences and stop falling asleep mid paragraph. Stay tuned for my answers!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses aren't used to working the late shift and are plum tuckered out.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, March 9th: (Special thanks to Melissa (@Melissa_M80) from Melissa's Scrumptious Treats, Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Cate (@RndmCrftyGAGrl) from Random Crafty GA Girl, Stacy (@JacksonJsmom) from A Boy Makes 3
, and Stephanie (@StephanieLex) fromOn My Mind for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Are you looking forward to the time change this weekend?

2. Are you getting the new iPad/would you want a iPad?

3. If money was not a problem, what is the one thing you would splurge on?

4. How did you and the Mr. (or Mrs.) meet?

5. Summer is right around the corner. Bikini or one-piece?

-------------------------------------------------

1. Are you looking forward to the time change this weekend?

Um...can I get a "HELL NO"!! ;) I love my sleep too much...and to have someone just...just...just TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME?! It just ain't fair.

Plus, it always makes the kids all wonky. You wouldn't think a measly little hour would make much of a difference, but it does. A lot.

I'm starting to think we just need to permanently change the time. I mean, what...DST used to be just the summer months, then they moved back the fall back time change and moved up the spring ahead time change and now, we've got something like 4 months of "real time" vs. 8 months of DST.

Also, NEWS FLASH! There is no daylight being saved. Farmers have all sorts of technology "nowadays" and stores don't close at 5pm anymore. I say, either do away with DST or permanently change the time.

Amen. *steps off soap box*

2. Are you getting the new iPad/would you want a iPad?

MAMA'S GETTIN' AN iPAD!!!!!

Yes, it's true. I have succumbed to the hype, saved up my money, cashed in some unwanted gold (more on that later) and clicked the "Place Order" button yesterday afternoon!!

So. EXCITED.

3. If money was not a problem, what is the one thing you would splurge on?

A new house.

On a lake.

With lots of land and a hobby farm so my husband would also be happy.

Oh, and unicorns would live there too, since "house on a lake with lots of land and a hobby farm" don't really exist. At least not around here.

Boo.

4. How did you and the Mr. (or Mrs.) meet?

Prepare yourself for the most romantic "where did you meet" story ever.

One dark and stormy evening (okay, it wasn't at all stormy...I just like saying that...), there was a little "shindig" planned for my 21st birthday that had taken place mid week, just a few days earlier.

All dolled up, I headed down to our local bar with my "posse" (coupla BFF's and my parents...).

As the night went on, I found a rather handsome young man looking my way, and by the end of the night, we were slow dancing and I was resting my head on his shoulder. (Hey, it just got heavy. Colorado Bulldogs make your head heavy, it's a known fact.)

Fast forward three years, and we were hitched. Fast forward eleven years from that and we have a house full of kids and a crazy, beautiful life.

5. Summer is right around the corner. Bikini or one-piece?

Depends.

In Mexico, I swore I wouldn't wear a bikini with everyone I knew around. Then I started "Just Dancing", saw some improvements, gained some self confidence, shrugged my shoulders and thought, "What the heck. Who cares." (Course, it could've been the mojitos talking...) and I discovered a bikini wasn't nearly as traumatic as I thought. (At least for me...the other patrons may or may not be scarred for life after seeing me in a bikini...)

So, if I can get my butt moving and get in shape, you can bet I'll be sporting a bikini...I like a sun-kissed tummy!

If not? Then it's a tankini for me. Mama can't do one pieces because I have a freakishly long torso. Honest to Pete. If my legs matched my torso, I'd be like 6'5"...if my torso matched my legs, I'd be like 4'10".

Nice, right?

-------------------------------------------------

Annnnnnnd...GO!! Look for me to post my own answers around 11 ish? Noonish? I'll keep you posted via Twitter!



Comments

  1. Gosh, you make me laugh! Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ordered an iPad, I can't wait to hear how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exact same reason I can't wear a one piece bathing suit. My torso is too long and has been since I was 12 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can i just tell you i am totally jealous of your IPAD, i think they should give you one to give away on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny! Lucky you for the new iPad! I can only imagine how gorgeous the videos are on it. **swoon**
    I just ordered the new iPhone 4S!! I can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I come see you unicorn?? :) I hear ya on how silly DST is, but as one on the western side of the time zone, I'd rather it just stayed standard time. It doesn't get dark enough for fireworks until after 10:00 in July!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte