Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 3/23/12


Sitting here, all 1800's style, with my foot in an Epsom salt bath 'cuz my toe has been bugging me only I can't really figure out exactly where or why my toe is bothering me so why not try an Epsom salt bath, right? Uh huh.

And why do I even have Epsom salt in my house in the first place? I vaguely remember someone else in the fam soaking their foot, but I couldn't tell you who or why or when if my life depended on it.


Weird.

Anyway...let's quit talking about feet. I'm not really much of a foot person...

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are wrapped up in The Hunger Games and can't be disturbed UNTIL THEY FINISH THE NEXT (AND THE NEXT AND THE NEXT AND THE NEXT) CHAPTER!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, March 23rd: (Special thanks to Erin (@Midnight592) from Dreaming with Midnight, Erin (@emenchho1) from The Life and Times of E1, Carrie (@Carriewchildren) from Carrie with Children, Laura (@LauraPankratz) and Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie
for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. If you were free to just hop in the car and drive, where would you go? Or, if you could hop a plane and go anywhere, where?

2. What's your most recently read favorite book?

3. What's your favorite Spring Break memory?

4. What do you put in your child's Easter basket? Or, for those w/o kids, what was put in your childhood basket?

5. Do you get a summer haircut?

--------------------------------------------------

1. If you were free to just hop in the car and drive, where would you go? Or, if you could hop a plane and go anywhere, where?

I think it would be awesome to take the family on a road trip of the US. (I say that NOW, right?) We had so much fun on our Black Hills trip, that I think it would be a fun way to see the country!

'Course, that would mean an extended period of time away from our jobs, loads of $$, a more comfy vehicle to travel in...the list goes on.

If we could all hop in a plane right now, I would fly my family down to Disney...easiest answer ever!! Then, after that, I'd love to fly the family out to see the hub's bro in California...we've never been out there and I think it would be fun to see where they live!

2. What's your most recently read favorite book?

Um...yeah.

Remember this?

Most definitely the most engrossing books I've ever read. Book 3 is being devoured at this very moment. Well, scratch that...I lie.

I'm blogging at this very moment and my "non-book devouring" husband is devouring Book 1.

Gotta hurry and finish this post so I can wrestle my iPad out of his grip and get back to "Mockingjay"... ;)

3. What's your favorite Spring Break memory?

Well, our school district doesn't do spring break (which, to be honest, I prefer...MN is much better to enjoy in the summer...except for this spring, which has been GORGEOUS!!) and the only real spring break we've ever had was last year, when we had something like a 5 day weekend.

Only thing was, I spent it doing this. And this. And more of this. Still breaks my heart thinking about that poor little peanut in that hospital bed!

When I was in high school, my mom and aunt and a friend and I went to Mexico...not real "spring break-ish", more for my birthday, but right at the beginning of spring break season in Mexico, so I did get a little taste of that, and WOW did we have fun!!

I prefer fun spring breaks over ones spent in the hospital!

4. What do you put in your child's Easter basket? Or, for those w/o kids, what was put in your childhood basket?

Every year I promise myself I'm going to get less candy and more "fun stuff". And every year I end up with less "fun stuff" and more candy.

Gobs of candy.

Oodles of candy.

Heaps of candy.

It ridiculous, really.

But, it basically boils down to candy being less expensive for 5 Easter baskets than "fun stuff" is for 5 Easter baskets. Bad mama, I know.

Maybe this year'll be the "healthy Easter basket" year.

*cough*yeah right*cough*

5. Do you get a summer haircut?

Actually, kinda, yeah. Well...not so much "haircut" as hair color.

I tend to go much more blonde at the start of summer and more "warm" toward fall. One of the lowlights my stylist uses is a reddish color and I am soooooooo tempted to have her do more lowlight and less highlight next fall.

But summertime? Always blonde for me.

And after my brother's wedding reception, I'm going back to a fun "Hot Mama" haircut instead of this shapeless bob I've got going on!

------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Sure to be a busy one for us...and I'm guessing you'll be bombarded with pics on Monday!




Comments

  1. Easter and Halloween are supposed to involve lots of candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I totally agree that Easter is a candy holiday, NEED my jelly beans and chocolate, I loved finding a few non-candy basket fillers at the dollar store. Dollar stores were always someplace my nieces loved going when we went for our city walks when they were kids too.

    Still, an Easter basket has to have candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you checked out the One Spot at Target lately? TONS of cute fun Easter stuff- cheap!

    Also...you forgot my question, again. Fer dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's mine http://doamw.blogspot.com/2017/03/5-questions-friday.html

    PS easter baskets are all about the candy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte