Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 3/2/12


It's off to work for this mama this afternoon...my schedule just so happened to work out so that I was off since last Friday.


A whole week...it was glorious. It does make going back to work just *that much* harder, though.

We went to our school's Section Championship hockey game last night and guess what?! WE WON!!!! We are going to state! I'm guessing we'll try to make it to at least one game...but we'll see! So happy for the boys...

Well, let's get this show on the road!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are headed to a hockey game and don't have time to help you out with post.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, March 2nd: (Special thanks to Cate (@RndmCrftyGAGrl) from Random Crafty GA Girl, Tina
(@PeazyT) from (? Do you have a blog, Tina?!), Gas Family (@gasfamily) from The Gas Family, Keely (@keely1978) from MannLand 5, and Jennifer (@jenniferovery) from The Days of aSAHM for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to mycommunity or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?

2. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?

3. What is your favorite fashion trend right now? Or, in the past?

4. What are your spring break plans?

5. What baby names do you hate?

----------------------------------------------

1. Where is your favorite vacation spot and why?

Anywhere with my kids and my husband is a great vacation spot!

Actually...we're not big vacationers. Could be the phase of life we're in, or it could be my dislike of flying and my preference to spend money on tangible things that I'll have for a long, long time...who knows.

So far, our best "couples" vacation has been our trip to Florida a few years ago. Mr. W earned a trip to Orlando through their seed sales and it was virtually expense free. I'm pretty sure we spent less that $300 all together for the whole dang trip.

It was glorious. Awesome hotel, "behind the scenes" Disney entertainment, wined and dined and treated like royalty. It was a fabulous trip to reconnect and rekindle the light in our marriage!

I guess I'd have to say that Florida is my favorite vacation spot, right? But then...there's the Black Hills (amazing!!) and last summer's spontaneous trip to a cabin "Up North" (delightful!!).

Oh, and we can't forget Hawaii...our "need to do over" honeymoon.

You know what tho? If it weren't for the painfully long plane rides, send me to the Maldives. I mean, have you seen those little bungalows on stilts over crystal clear turquoise water? *swoon* Looks like Heaven on earth.

And, now that I've not answered this question at all...continuing on...

2. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?

Oh gosh. Um...lemme think on this one.

Hmmmmm...fountain Coke. From McDonald's. So, so bad, I know, but so, so good.

Also, as a time waster, my guilty pleasure is Twitter. I am trying to not be such a Twitter freak, but I LOVE it.

I probably should've given Twitter up for lent...but instead I gave up pop, which includes McDonald's fountain Coke.

3. What is your favorite fashion trend right now? Or, in the past?

Boots. I love the look of tall, casual "riding" boots. But I don't own a pair. All I have are my black "dress" boots.

Sooooooo...guess what I'm on the look out for?! I found some beauts and pinned them...now, to save up and nab those babies before this trend runs out.

I also am loving the long sweater shirt/dress look with jeans (and tall boots) and a wide, funky belt.

Sigh...I wish my pocket book matched my desire for all things cute and trendy...

4. What are your spring break plans?

Spring break? Meh. We don't really have one, which to be 100% honest with you, is A-OK with me!

There's nothing to do around MN right now and because we don't have a "Spring Break" that means we get to end school earlier in June...usually right around the 3rd, but occasionally even at the very end of May.

Trust me, those days in late May/early June are SOOOOOO much better to have off of school that some dreary old, cold, snowy, slushy day in March.

Waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

We do get Good Friday/Easter Monday off, so it's like a mini Spring Break...but no week long vacay's over here!

5. What baby names do you hate?

Okay, lest I offend someone with my proclamation of names I hate, I am sure your little munchkin's name is perfect for him or her...don't get mad, okay?

The names I hate? Gender neutral names. You know, the Jordans and the Jadens and the Taylors? Those names. But you know what I hate more? The boy names that were stolen and bestowed upon girls...Logan, Ryan? Those are BOY names.

Geepers. Can you imagine the next generation of couples? "Hi! I'm Taylor, and this is my wife Logan." or "Hi! I'm Payton, and this is my husband Jaden!" So weird.

Any way, now that I'm certain to have offended someone, I'm sorry. Like I said, your gender neutral name is probably perfect for your gender specific child. I mean no offense...

---------------------------------------------------

And that, my friends, is all I've got for now! Have a fabulous weekend!




Comments

  1. Congrats to your boys for winning! And good luck to them as well. I forgot about riding boots! I loooove riding boots. If you keep your eye open, you can find some good deals. I haven't spent over $30/pair yet, and most of mine were originally over $100. Hope your back to work weekend turns out better than you are hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man to go to taco bell and get a mountain dew is the best. no idea why they taste so much better at taco bell but man oh man

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some crazy naming trends right now, aren't there? But I suppose there was a time when someone said "What a name, who on earth would name their child Lisa??" Eventually the trends that make us shiver will be old normal names. And we'll be in rockers shivering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter's name is Jordyn! And in NO way have you offended me! I wish someone would have stopped me from naming her that! I thought at the time it was so pretty but now the constant trouble with no one knowing how to spell it or the comment when you name your children and they say oh you have 2 boys!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! LOL happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met a girl named Ryan and did a double take. But she actually turned out to be a pretty decent gender specific name with a gender neutral name. I think it may be a south thing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! My Sister's SIL has two little girls named Taylor and Payton. I agree. I feel sorry for the boys too who's names are being taken over by girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I was pretty PC with my actual answer, I will say that I hate made-up names that are clearly made up, not just ones that are made up but sound similar to actual names (those I'm okay with). And of course I can't think of any example... alas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am totally with you on the name thing...both the gender neutral and the gender swap ones! However, Courtney was stolen from the boys...and honestly I think it's a better girl name. :) And just as Nani said above, some of those trends we think are totally out there will become the norm for the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have married friends (man and wife, just to be clear) whose names are both Jordan.


    She's currently pregnant. Her #1 pregnancy question -- "You guys gonna name the baby Jordan?"

    Hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually know two lady Ryan's, one was spelled Ryann (I guess the extra n makes it feminine? LOL) I am really close with the Ryan, and she is in my sorority. One time she sent an email to a lady in another chapter of the sorority and that lady was all snotty thinking it was a guy trying to claim she was in a sorority. It was CRAZY!

    Have a great weekend Mama M!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm the opposite of you with the names. I like the boys names for girls. haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woot! Thanks! This is Tina/PeazyT, and my blog is www.ihaveautismnotcooties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so adore the sweater dresses...but I hate my legs so I'll never wear one. I always love a fashion I refuse to put on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No offense taken to our babe's name! We knew what we were getting ourselves into :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte