Skip to main content

Oh yes, she DID.

Once upon a time, approximately 5 years ago, when I (mistakenly) thought our family was done, I booked a session for family photos. I imagined big, beautiful photos on our walls...capturing our children when they were still young.


Then, a certain "someone" decided to make her presence be known...by way of a positive pregnancy test the day before the family photos (and we all know how well that went). So, all the while we were getting our photos taken, I could only think, "And they're already outdated." as I thought about the little life growing inside me.


Those photos? They turned out amazing...even though a certain "someone" decided to throw a wrench into our plans.


Now that that "certain someone" is a bit older, I decided it's high time we go for those family photos again. I have a sweet friend who is an AMAZING photographer (Lisa Sherwood Photography...and when I say "amazing" I mean absolutely, positively outstanding.) and who I knew HAD to be the one to take our family's photos.


The night before the session, I come home from work, hear Baby Girl starting to get upset about something, so I go into her room and gather her from her bed just as Belle wakes up says, "MOM! Baby cut her hair!!!!" and sure enough...*stomach, meet floor* there, laying across her forehead, was a clump of bangs that didn't exist when I left for work earlier that day.


Baby promptly buried her head in my shoulder so I really couldn't see what the damage was, but the first thing I thought, "THE PHOTO SESSION!!!!!" and smacked my head, certain the little stinker had, once again, thrown a wrench into our family photos.


But the next morning, when I was expecting this:


(Courtesy Google Image)


I woke up to this:




Hmmmm...actually, I'm not sure I could've done a better job myself!




Nearly everyone who has seen them has said something along the lines of, "Wow! They did a great job of fixing it!", to which I reply, "Oh. No...there was NO fixing. That is ENTIRELY her own hair cut."


So, yeah. Pretty sure I can sign her up for beauty school in the fall.


Thankfully, the bangs are long enough to pin back...so, she still looks like "Baby" and not a "banged" impostor!




Side note: I have a very strong, very unbudging aversion to bangs, brought on by a childhood of too heavy bangs and the teenage angst I experienced whilst growing them out.


Another side note: There is also a chunk of hair cut about chin level, which blends in nicely and Belle said, "Hmmmm...she must've wanted some face-framing.", and then we promptly fell on the floor in fits of laughter.


Yet another side note: She's still shy about her little fiasco...as soon as she realized I was taking pictures of her with her bangs down, this is what I got:




One more side note: Please take notice that this "hair cutting" did not happen on my watch. ;) 


That's all.



Comments

  1. Always happens on the dad's watch. Nice job, Mister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to keep you on your toes for sure!

    And that pic of Courtney Love? Brain bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Baby Girl does look adorable and I agree, Lisa is a FABULOUS photographer - I think my girls would do anything she asks when taking their photos. She's taken a few for my Minnesota Moments magazine articles and they were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! love this - and isn't she just a cutie?! I can understand the aversion to bangs. I hated growing mine out when I was a teenager too. Still, my girlie's hair seems determined to have bangs no matter what I do. sigh. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks cute! and it will be funny in 10 years.. it WILL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our daughter did the same thing right before her school pictures was taken only she cut hers in the middle and kept the sides long. I think it happens more often than not

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! When i was little, mom went to the store & left dad in charge. She came home to him watching football & my sister playing "beauty shop". She cut my hair & hers. Mine was fixable, hers was not so much! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a strong aversion to bangs too, but she looks so cute with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wasn't bad at all! I did the same thing as a kid only I cut it all except for the very back strip that I could not reach. It was horrilbe and a very bad memory of my childhood from the way my parents reacted. These pictures turned out cute, she is such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that I'm not a big fan of bangs either but she sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She did an amazing job! My Niece (4) cut my daughters (2) hair (while my SIL was watching them) and my daughter came away with a mullet! Thought it was a little boy when I first walked in:( She had hair to her waist before, well still did, just to her scalp on the sides! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte