Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 6/1/12


Welcome to the first full day of SUMMER VACATION!!!!





The weather is looking glorious...let's hope it stays this way! We've got a trip to Valleyfair planned on Tuesday and we are SO excited! What a fun way to kick off summer vacation...

Okay, let's get down to business...I've got a first day of summer vacation to enjoy! ;)

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are scatterbrained because IT'S SUMMER VACATION!!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, June 1st: (Special thanks to Juli (@kneatfreak) from The Pickle in MePam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Erin (@emenchho1) from The Life and Times of E1, Sarah (@brattypants) from Brattypants, and Tricia (@mamamarchandfrom Mama Marchand's Nest for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. What were you scared of as a kid?


2. Do you sleep well in a hotel?


3. If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who and why?


4. It's a hot summer day. Do you prefer to be pool side or at the beach?


5. What is your favorite summer dish?



-----------------------------------------------


1. What were you scared of as a kid?

Nothin'. Not a ding dang thing.



At least, not that I can think of! ;)


I do remember having a freaky dream about a cat. I vaguely remember that something set off the dream...a movie?...a book?...I can't remember, but I dreamt that this evil cat was creeping up the foot of  my bed and staring at me all creepy like.


So I got up and moved to the couch, only to have the damn dream follow me there. But, I think it was more "imagination" than "dream" at that point.


Regardless, that cat was freaky. In fact, I am now going to be scared to put my feet down on the floor at night for fear of a creepy cat lurking under my bed.


Great. 

2. Do you sleep well in a hotel?


Ugh. No. Not at all! In fact, I used to say that for a birthday present, I wanted my husband to buy me an overnight stay in a hotel room. Then he and the kids could come visit, play, swim, tuck me in and I'd sleep until my body told me to woke up.


Then I realized how crappy I sleep in hotels. Itchy sheets, unfamiliar matresses, weird noises, too hot, too cold, slamming doors.


Gah.


So now, I've decided that for my birthday I would like my HUSBAND AND KIDS to stay in a hotel room for the night. I'll visit THEM, play, swim, tuck them in, then come home and sleep in my own bed, with my own sheets and my own creepy noises until my body tells me to wake up.


Dreamy.

3. If you could meet any celebrity, dead or alive, who and why?

Ooooh. Yikes. Ummmm...lemme think about this.



Gosh. This is a hard one. Picking a hot dude would just be weird, 'cuz then what? "Oh, hi! You're cute. I'm happily married. See ya later!"


But what lady would I pick?


I could say "Jesus"...but does He count as a celebrity?


You know. Weird as it is (or not?) I would pick someone I could sit and shoot the breeze with. And so, I choose "The Pioneer Woman". No...WAIT. Yes? I dunno.


Maybe Jerry Seinfeld. He's hilarious. Or...Ellen. She's pretty funny too...and maybe she would give me a new house. (For the record, I just wrote "hose". I don't want a new hose.)


I can't decide. You pick for me...

4. It's a hot summer day. Do you prefer to be pool side or at the beach?


BEACH!! Unless...


Unless it's my OWN pool in my own backyard. Then? You'd never get me away from it.


I am a water lover.


And actually, scratch that. What I would love is a house on the lake with a beach. So then yes, beach.


With a little bubble around my house that provides me with beach weather from January 1st until November 20th.


Snow for Thanksgiving and Christmas, then beach weather after that.


Or, maybe I just need a winter home in Texas, or something...

5. What is your favorite summer dish?



Oh my goodness.


Creamy cucumbers.


Holy moly. My favorite thing EVER. Boil some taters up and mash them (or don't) and serve them with creamy cukes over the top of them and OH MY WORD. Eat until I split my pants.


Then burp, and eat some more. ;)


So ladylike, I know. But it's the truth.


----------------------------------------------------


And now, I'm off to enjoy the day! Have a great one! 


Comments

  1. There's nothing like fresh cucumbers right out of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA, somehow commented on the wrong post the first time. Try this again...

    Thanks for using my question!

    Can't believe I didn't think of putting Ellen as celeb to meet. Gah! I love her...

    Happy Friday! Enjoy the day with kiddos!

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about a house on the beach that also has a pool?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, Pioneer Woman is a good one! Plus, she would probably cook something for you, while you talked. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried creamy cucumbers. That sounds like something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word....creamy cucumbers...my dad makes them to.die.for. Seriously, give me a fork and the bowl, and they are mine. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love cucumbers, too! I love 'em best right out of the garden, with a little salt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte