Skip to main content

Enough Already.



Drama in the ER.


Story of my life. Well, not so much "ER" as doctor's office, however, last night was a rare exception to my "NO ER unless missing a limb, having a heart attack, or experiencing days long abdominal pain."


I got a phone call from Pal as I was on my way out of town for Dubya's first baseball game ever. He was talking funny and since I know my son and his tendencies toward...how do you say...drama...I dialed down my worry meter.


Seriously, dude needs to realize my sympathy goes UP when the drama goes DOWN. Anyway, I was all, "Sorry. It's fine, I'm sure. I'm out of town and it can wait until I get home." He told me he ran into a friend with his mouth and his lip was gashed "really bad". 


I was all, "Yeah. Sure. Okay. I'll see you when I get home."


Then I get a phone call from the mom who's house the injury happened at, wondering if she should take him in. And still, I was all "It's fine, I'm sure. It's his mouth. It'll heal quickly."


And she was all, "Okaaaay."


I get home, look at his lip and think, "Ugh. Maybe it actually does need stitches.", and went through the "stitches checklist" in my mind.


No more bleeding.
No scarring, maybe a tad on the outside where his tooth WENT THROUGH HIS LIP.
That's not enough to stitch anyway.
Nice, clean cut.


Decided that "Nope. He doesn't need stitches." But sent a text to my BFF, Dr. J anyway and called my mom.


Mom said, "No. Mouths heal quickly." (Great minds think alike."


Dr. J said, "If it's all the way through, then yes." And when I confirmed that it was, indeed, all the way through, she replied, "Happy ERing!!" 


Smart ass.


1 ER visit, 4 stitches, 3 cops, 1 belligerent patient, 5 minutes waiting and getting to listen to the belligerent patient, and 90 minutes in the ER later, we had our walking papers.


I think I am going to start taking money out of Pal's college fund to pay for his medical mishaps and maladies.


ENOUGH ALREADY!! (And summer's just begun. Help.)


(Announcement about this year's "Mr. Wonderfulest Contest" is up!!)

Comments

  1. With 3 boys in your home, I'd bet you've not even met your limit on ER visits and stitches. Unfortunately. :/ Hope he heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeesh. My E put a tooth through his face a few years ago, but we got away with a spot of glue for his. I would have been the same way though - mouths do heal fast! Must have been some bust to get 4 stitches. Ahhh, the glamorous lives we lead as moms of boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeesh. My E put a tooth through his face a few years ago, but we got away with a spot of glue for his. I would have been the same way though - mouths do heal fast! Must have been some bust to get 4 stitches. Ahhh, the glamorous lives we lead as moms of boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three boys in my house meant our local ER department had my number on speed dial. Happy uneventful holidays to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, so this is what I get to look forward to? Haha! I'm glad that he is okay and everything got sorted out.. bummer that you had to take him to the ER and he had to get stitches. That's never fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte