Skip to main content

A Fish Tale.


I'm known for my sweet fishing skills 'round these parts.

Okay, so that's a bold faced lie, but I should be...Mama can fish!

Years ago, before I became interested in boys (sheesh, why'd I ever let that stop me?!), I used to go to Canada with my grandpa every summer. (Grandpa update: He's doing amazing! Absolutely wonderful. More on his story in a bit...) Yeah, sure, I was often concerned about flies mating on my leg (inside joke) and what was for supper (not much has changed)...but I could fish.

Loved to fish. My dad used to take me, too, back before I had oodles of kids demanding my time and attention. Back when I had gobs of time to sit, chewing sunflower seeds, trolling for walleyes.

Looks like my kids, well, E.W for sure, share my enjoyment of fishing. Kiddo coulda spent the entire vacation "drowning worms". The fishing off the dock of our cabin was awesome!!



I joined in on the fun...when my motherly duties would allow me to, and WOWZA!! You shoulda seen ("should have seen"...that's grammatically correct, no?) the sunny I caught! Sucker was GINORMOUS!

And, because I'm the photographer. I'm the one behind the camera. I'm the one looking for memories to photograph...none exist of this monster sunfish.

Guess you'll just hafta take my word on it.

The Mr. exclaimed, when he saw it, "It has a forehead!!", and the resort owner caught a glimpse of it, had to measure it, and was darn impressed himself.

*Puffs out chest*

Yup. Just call me, "Fish Slayer". (But not, "Fish Fillet-er"...I ain't no good at that. 'Cept the eatin' of those fish fillets...and nothin's better than some pan fried sunfish!)

Comments

  1. Really, M....how big can sunfish actually get? The ones here in MI only get about 5" long....

    I love fishing too! Another reason why we need to be neighbors on a creek - we'd meet with margaritas and fishing poles while the husby's watch the kids....:)

    BTW- catching up on your blog (where the HECK have I been?!?!?). Try growing the hair out. If it's not long enough before the wedding, then cut it....but you'll never know until you try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for grand fishing skills! I'll have to let Tucker read this post. He's a fisherman, too, ya know. ;) I personally will not touch a fish. Unless it's already cooked. And I definitely won't touch a slimy ol' worm. YUCK! So maybe I'll send Tucker to your place next time he's wanting to go fishin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids have asked me to start going fishing with them. I will go but will not fish, i just watch the kids

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte