Sandy just posted her Top 10 (well, actually 11-20, the first ten have already been posted!) Facebook annoyances, and it inspired me to write this list. See if you agree...
1. All the RT's. For the love of sweet baby Jesus!! Seriously, do you not have a single unique thought of your own? I know, "Klout"...but still. Enough!
2. #insanelylongandirrationalhashtagsthatyouthinkmakeyourtweetfunnierbutreallytheydont. Bonus points if you can read that quickly.
3. Follow/follow back. I don't get this one. Why? Why is this some sort of "unwritten" Twitter rule? Please, someone explain.
4. People who "haz a sads" and say "bai" and other phrases that escape me at the moment but are equally annoying.
5. All the "Four Square" stuff. Just like Sandy said...do you really want to tell the world and all of it's criminals that you are not home? Or, worse...maybe they are stalking you and just waiting for the right moment to jump out of the bushes and kill you right there at Sonic, just where you told them you'd be. Hey, it could happen. There's crazy people in the world.
6. Along with the Four Square stuff...all this "I'm wiping my butt with 3,209 other people." Honestly, it's really not that important. Or maybe it is and I'm missing the bigger picture. I dunno.
7. Spam. You know, when you accidentally tweet something with the word "boobs" or "iPhone" or "diet" and suddenly all these egg avatars are tweeting you nothing but a link. DO THEY REALLY THINK WE'RE THAT STUPID?!
8. Twitter parties. One every once in a while is fine...but multiple parties weekly? (Daily?) Ugh. *yawn*
9. Speaking of Klout (see #1)...and, I know this is a "Twitter" annoyance list, but the two go hand in hand...I can't believe they give out your first and last names when you hand out K+. Some of us don't want the world to know our names, and now you've just made sure that I don't give out any K+ ever again. Bad Klout. Bad, bad Klout.
10. Okay, so #10 is escaping me. I know that as soon as I hit publish, another 10 will come to me...but, fill in the blank. My Biggest Twitter Annoyance is __________.
And now, I need to go back to focusing on positive things! Hmmmm...maybe I should do a "10 Things I Love About Twitter" post next time?!