Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 10/28/11


Day 2 of 4 straight shifts at work...which prolly doesn't seem like a whole lot to you, but for this "5 shifts a pay period" girl, it's a lot. A LOT a lot.


So, while my family does fun things to get ready for Halloween, I will be at work...welcoming in a new batch of future Halloween Birthday Partiers.

You know...I really do have a great job, don't I? I mean, not everyone gets the pleasure of experiencing the miracle of birth EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. (That I'm at work, anyway...) Love it. I am one lucky woman.

Okay, let's get this 5QF going!

Welcome to Five Question Friday! THE blog hop to do when your muses have taken an extended vacation to the Caribbean and decide they don't want to return. Plus, you get to answer fun questions about yourself...what's not to love?!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear on Friday morning and LINK UP! Feel free to play along via Twitter if you'd like!

Questions for Friday, October 28th: (Special thanks to @trooppetrie, @emilywickham,@emenchho1, @bloggerlinds, lil ol' me for their question suggestions! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, watch for my Thursday shout out for questions on Twitter or c'mon over tomy community RIGHT NOW [or at any time!] to offer up your best question suggestions! If you go the Twitter route, remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF [that's so I can see it and go back to it on Twitter]!)

1. Do you prefer cotton, silk, or flannel sheets?

2. What time zone are you in?

3. What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

4. What is your favorite "wintry" drink? (It doesn't have to be an "alcoholic" drink!)

5. In your opinion, what is the worst job in the world?

-------------------------------------------------

1. Do you prefer cotton, silk, or flannel sheets?

Actually, I prefer felt. As in "I felt my sheets when I took a long, relaxing, uninterrupted nap."

Yes, felt it is.

;)

So, actually, it's cotton...the higher the thread count (within my budget) the better. Although, I've recently learned that it's not only the thread count, but the quality too. We were in dire need of sheets...a gigantic hole had appeared in our sheets (hey, what can I say? We wore 'em out...KIDDING!) and got bigger and bigger every time I crawled into bed and got my foot caught in the hole.

In a bind for some sheets, I ran to WalMart and grabbed their "most expensive" sheets for 50 bucks.

That was the biggest waste of 50 bucks ever. I can't bring myself to buy new ones yet, 'cuz HELLO! 50 DOLLARS!! Instead, I just itch and scratch and try to put as many layers between my skin and the sheets as possible.

Lesson learned.

2. What time zone are you in?

The best one. ;)

That would be Central Time, in case you actually had any question as to which time zone really was the best. We are currently about to see Daylight Savings Time end (does your region participate in DST?) and with it, any and all light. Seriously, we're like Alaska...kind of. The sun peeks over the horizon, then dips back down.

It's no wonder I have 5 kids, what with it feeling like it's always nighttime. I mean, what else are you supposed to do at night when you don't have cable?! (See sheets, above.)

3. What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

Okay, first...WHY are we talking about the holiday season?

Oh, that's right BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY EVERYWHERE. Seriously, Macy's has had their Christmas display up for a few weeks now, and I noticed last week that they actually had Christmas bulbs hanging from their ceiling.

And it's not even Halloween!!

Anyway...sorry about that digression...my favorite holiday thing WHEN IT'S AN APPROPRIATE TIME TO DECLARE A FAVORITE HOLIDAY THING? The scents.

The cinnamon, evergreen, scotch tape (thanks for that one, G.! You are so right!!), nutmeg, clove-y smell that permeates the air? Yeah, that.

I love it. And, for that reason, I love Bath and Body Works. Their 3 wick candles (Fireside, anyone?) are amazing. My mom and I go shopping at the MOA every year to kick start our Christmas shopping and since there are a bazillion and one BBW's in the mall, I find myself saying, "Do you smell that? It smells like CHRISTMAS!" over and over until I realize that there is a BBW a floor above or below or just around the corner at that very second.

LOVE.

Oh, and Christmas music. Lot's and lot's and lot's of Christmas music...I can't get enough of it!

4. What is your favorite "wintry" drink? (It doesn't have to be an "alcoholic" drink!)

Mmmmmm...a "Fancy Hot Chocolate"! I had my first when we went on our Haunted Hayride last week and YUM was it good!

My favorite way to make a Hot Chocolate Fancy? A bit of Bailey's, a smidge of Kahlua, and alcohol infused Whipped Cream. Holy stick a fork in me I'm done, Batman.

Yum. Now I want one. Or two.

5. In your opinion, what is the worst job in the world?

Strippers.

You know, you just keep ripping and ripping and ripping it off and then some get's stuck and you get frustrated and sweaty and...WAIT.

WHAT? You didn't think I meant...like, STRIPPERS, did you?!

Oh, GOSH! I mean wall paper! Seriously...is there a worse job in the world? I think not. I KNOW not.

My bestie and I were talking about hell and how a book she read said that hell isn't just physical pain it is all of your worst thoughts and feeling and insecurities constantly...and as she's telling me this, I blurt out:

"All while you're stripping wall paper!!"

And then we started laughing.

But for real. Stripping wall paper IS my hell. Heaven help me...if ever there was a reason not to sin, it's so I don't end up stripping wallpaper for all of eternity. *crosses self*

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't that fun?! Hope you enjoyed yourself! Have a wonderful weekend!

(PS...have you vote for my SIL in the "Heroic Mom" contest today? Will you please vote for her? You can vote once every 24 hours until November 4th. The winner will be announced "on or about" November 11th. Thank you!! I can not tell you enough how grateful I am to have your support in this!)



Comments

  1. I hate "stripping" too - although mine is not wallpaper - layers and layers of old paint and varnish - dirty-nasty-awful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved your answers, love CHRISTmas music, love the smells, how many more times can i say love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now all I want is a hot chocolate filled with alcohol while I watch my worst enemy strip wallpaper!

    Thanks for hosting the link party! It's always fun to answer these oh so very random question. A great way to start a Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...M, got sex on the brain??!?!?! :)

    More shifts mean a nice fat check for ya, right? Take that moolah and go get yourself some Sateen sheets (I found mine at Tarjay 2 years ago). They're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! "see sheets above" love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of our "rich" relatives bought us some awesome $200+ sheets for our wedding, it was both the best and worst gift ever. Best because we could never afford something like that, and worst because we could never afford something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!!! Demo of any kind is just a pain in the tuckass. I love fancy hot coco too!
    ~Kimberlee at SD

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, stripping wall paper is the worst! I don't understand how the stores can jump right to Christmas before Halloween either, and poor Thanksgiving gets completely over looked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I MISS Central time. haha! Eastern keeps me up way to late watching tv shows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama M, you have such a gift for writing, seriously I am excited when I see one of your posts in my reader. You should totally write a book! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me just look up when Daylight Savings was. I was seriously hoping it was this weekend so I could have an extra hour to sleeeeeeep!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte