Skip to main content

"Old" Love, Young Love


I really like my husband. I'm proud of our marriage and the relationship we have.

Do we have our disagreements? Absolutely. (He's always the wrong one, though.)

Do we fall into a rut of complacency at times? You betcha. (That happens if you let it.)

Do we sometimes "not like" each other? Uh huh. (Again. His fault, of course.)

But the majority of the time, things are pretty dang good.

So good, that I guess sometimes, the "kids" even look up to us...let me tell you the story...

Last Friday, we were invited to a wedding. Only it was Homecoming and we kinda felt that we had to make an appearance at the game, as well.

We decided to take the kids to the game, then brought them home and headed to the wedding...at the incredibly fashionably late time of 9 pm. But hey, at least we made it, right?

Right?

Ahem...anyway...

The Mr. knew everyone (and their brother) that was there. It was the wedding of his God Mother's son, who are local farmers and are also clients and customers of my husband's. In attendance were many more local farmers, who were also clients and/or customers of my husband's.

So, what did this mean for Mama?

Well, I listened to conversations like this: "Soybean yields blah, blah, blah..." and "Corn maturity this..." and "Soil fertility that..." and "Silage...chopping..." and "Test plot results..." (are you bored yet? 'Cuz I was.)

Wasn't long and a good ol' country song came on...the Mr. was game for a dance, so off we went. Not sure if I've ever told you or not, but we like to cut a rug. Back in the day, we were pretty good at it...too many nights at home, however, have made us a bit rusty.


But that isn't to say we still don't try! ;) (Disclaimer: Photo from a couple years ago. Hard to get "couple" shots when I'm always the one behind the camera!)

Anyway, during one particular song, we looked over at a young couple we know, dancing cute and close and flirty, and I said, "Aww...look at them. Such young, fun love." We smiled wistfully, remembering the days when our love was "young", then got back to boogieing.

After that song ended, we made a beeline for the bathroom, and at the same time the wife of the young couple we were admiring left the dance floor too.

She grabbed my arm, and said, "I just told Adam, 'We need to be just like Mama and Mr. in 10 years!!'" I laughed at the irony of her comment...here we were, admiring their young love, at the same time they were admiring our "old" love!

Funny how 10 years qualifies as "old" love, huh? But I'll take it. It makes me happy to think that we're admirable!



Comments

  1. That is adorbs. I so love seeing couples that have kids and responsibilities taking time for their marriage. Its so inspiring. My marriage is still fairly young {2 1/2 years} and I hope we are just as in love as we are now in 10 or 15 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful comment to get! I bet you two looked wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! these days, 10 years is quite the wondrous occasion. CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte