Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 11/4/11


Raise your hand if you are looking forward to the extra hour of sleep this weekend with the end of Daylight Savings Time?


*Raises both hands*

Only, I realized on our "accidental" run of DST ending (when our "atomic" clock reset itself last week) that our kids always get mixed up with DST...crazy how just one measly hour can mess up so much!

Regardless, I'm thankful for the weekend...it's a Holiday Open House in our town this weekend and in only ONE WEEK I'll be headed to the MOA with my mama for our annual Christmas Shopping Kick-Off!

Let's get to the good stuff...Five Question Friday!!

Welcome, newbies and veterans alike! I'm glad to have you play along with this fun little weekly party we do! It's the perfect chance for you to answer some fun questions about yourself, and the perfect post for when your muses have come down with influenza and have taken to their beds!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning! Also, feel free to play along on Twitter or Facebook AND don't forget the most important rule of all: HAVE FUN!!

Questions for Friday, November 4th: (Special thanks to Sharayha, @emilywickham, @emenchho1, @Lovely_Lici, and @trooppetrie for their question suggestions! I would LOVE to link you in a future 5QF, but I need [yes, "need"] you to come over to my community to offer up your best question suggestions! Or watch for my Thursday afternoon Twitter shout out for questions...just remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF! Thanks guys! I couldn't do this without you!)

1. What movie do you love to quote?

2. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?

3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

4. Do you prefer a bunch of small gifts, or one really big, (expensive) gift?

5. Do you ever lose track of days and show up somewhere wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------

1. What movie do you love to quote?

"You haf got to be pulling on my leg."

Please tell me you know which movie I quote all the dang time? Pretty please?

"De physical appearance of de please makes no difference."

"Good night, sleep tight, don't let de bed bugs bite...because, there are literally t'ousands of dem! And, there is probably somet'ing in your closet."

Why, yes..."Despicable Me" of course!! Best one liners! About this time of the year, I tend to bust out the "Elf" quotes, too...which reminds me, I think I'm due for a showing of "Elf"! Best Christmas movie ever.

Hands down.

No argument.

2. Have you ever ridden a motorcycle?

Dear mom and dad...this is where you need to close your eyes, cover your ears and sing "la-la-la-la"...doing that? Okay, good....

Now, where were we? Oh...yes, motorcycle rides.

I did. Back when I was young and stupid and crazy about bad boys, I rode on the back of a crotch rocket. Without a helmet. Going way too fast down back roads.

What a thrill...to be doing something "bad" with a cute "bad" boy. STUPID is more like it!!

GAH! What was I thinking? I would DIE, simply D.I.E if my kids do any of the idiotic stuff I did when I was a teenager. Sometimes, it's a wonder that I'm still alive.

Unfortunately for my kids, that means I am a very "untrusting" parent. I remember all that stupid stuff I did and I am so suspicious of "going here" or "getting a ride home with so and so" or "just going to the dance".

Poor kids.

3. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?

Can we change this to a "snowy" day? 'Cuz then I would say, sleep in and wake to the blissful, silence that takes over after/during a big snowfall.

Then, I'd walk out into my perfectly clean kitchen (this is turning into a fantasy) and start a hearty meal and bake some cookies, then snuggle up on the couch and read books with my angelic children who never fight or argue or get wild or wrestle or...

Wow...how'd we get from rainy day into a fantastical dream about snow days?

Reality: Rainy/snowy day equals laundry, just like any other, wrangling children, schlepping kids here and there, paying bills, scrambling to make supper, yelling at kids to take muddy shoes/pants/socks off...you get the picture.

4. Do you prefer a bunch of small gifts, or one really big, (expensive) gift?

Um...yes please?

Ugh. I know...sooooooo selfish of me, right?! WAIT, though!!! Before you declare me a horrible, vile, selfish excuse for a human being, hear me out!!

I also like to give! And give and give and give and find just the very perfect gift for everyone on my gift list! So, that makes it all okay, right?

I mean, if I like to give so much, then it's okay for me to like to receive too, right?

Right? (*crosses fingers* please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)

5. Do you ever lose track of days and show up somewhere wrong?

Um, yes. I forget things all the dang time. Like, early release days from school, and dental appointments, and "tie day" at school, letter of the week objects.

I'm horrible.

The only things I don't forget? Birthday of my husband and children (and usually close family members) and when I have to work.

Everything else is a crapshoot. With odds on me NOT remembering what is when and where and with who.

I'm trying to make better use of my iPhone calendar though! I really am!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend...and don't forget that today is the last day for voting for the "Heroic Mom" contest! Please vote for my entry for my sister-in-law! Thank you!


Comments

  1. I just love your answers! They always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Most times, my life feels like a crapshoot! lmbo.
    I'm linked up, and as always...
    Thanks for HOSTING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You filled my day with some good laughs. I love your answers! They were like way better than mine and like I'm so jealous not. Thanks for hosting and I'm sorry for not getting back sooner to play. =D

    Friday Fling with 5 Crooked Halos, Hilary, & Java

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a situation will help me recall a movie quote faster than I can thinkin about it now.

    And that is so true about remembering what you did behind your parents back and how gullible they were, so you can keep an eye on your children. I wish more parents would remember.

    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally used Despicable Me too...our kids must like the same thing! lol I swear, we watch it two or more times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despicable Me is a great movie!! You pulled some great quotes from it too. That is one of our families' go to laugh out loud movies!
    As for big gifts...I say you deserve them!! Glad I found your blog! I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despicable Me is EPIC - one of the best. I love the quotes. Me and my brother often shout randomly - 'curse you tiny toilet' or 'it's soo fluffy!'

    Great answers :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I was SO close with #1, I've "listened" to it dozens of times!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy coming here for a visit...cuz you always make me laugh! Great answers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte