Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 2/1/13

Whoa. I'm all sorts of confused. I typed the 31st for the date and then remembered that no, indeed, it was not January anymore. Holy moly where is the time going? It's gonna be Christmas before we know it! ;)



In other news, a different national holiday is coming up...MY BIRTHDAY!! ;) Well, so, yeah, it's my baby's birthday too. Guys, I can't believe she is going to be 5 tomorrow. FIVE! When did that happen????

What happened to my little nursling? So, so hard to believe that my wee little baby is now school aged. Somebody hold me. *tear*

Alright, Mama needs her sleep, so onto the questions it is!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses just wanna be left alone. 

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!


Questions for Friday, February 1st: (Special thanks to Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Michelle (@MichelleMossey) from Michelle MosseyLindsay (@ninjalindsay) from Mac or Cheesy, Lindsey (@BloggerLinds) from A Dollop of my Life, and Sandy (@PardonMyDust) from Pardon My Dust for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. What is your favorite book to read with your kids?

2. After having kids, what body part has changed the most?

3. Would you ever go back to college? What would you study?

4. How do you close a phone call? Bye, bye bye or other?

5. What is the one food that will always be your "cheat food" on a diet?


----------------------------------------------------

1. What is your favorite book to read with your kids?
Oh boy. We have tons!!! I love the Fancy Nancy books, and the Llama Llama series, and there's a book called "My Little Storybook" that has the cleverest little ending you've ever seen. Oh, and the "Bear Snores On" series.


Oh, oh, oh!!! And Skippyjon Jones...I love reading those books with an accent! I kinda think it drives my kids bonkers, but that's just more ammunition for me to keep doing it! ;)

I'm kind of a goofy mom...I'll have to tell you about that some day.

2. After having kids, what body part has changed the most?

Gee, erm...gosh. Where do I start?!


I think a more appropriate question would be "After kids, what body part HASN'T changed the most?" to which I would answer, without hesistation...my wrists.

Not a single thing has changed about them.

No stretch marks, no sagging, no widening...just the same ol' wrists I've had all my life.

Oh, and maybe my earlobes, too.

3. Would you ever go back to college? What would you study?

I would go back to college. Well, hypothetically, of course. If I were going back to college now, it would be to further my nursing career...but, if we're talking "go back and do it all over"? 


Well, somedays, I really think I'd like to wear something nice to work. Like real clothes and I love to figure out how things work, so maybe I'd be an engineer. Like my uncles.

But, you know, my current gig? It's kind of a dream job. The hours suck but the duties I have? Amazing.

The miracle of birth, every time I go to work.

Can't really get much better than that.

4. How do you close a phone call? Bye, bye bye or other?

Hmmmmm...good question! You know...I'm not entirely sure!


I don't like to say "good bye"...it's too final. I think, but I'm not sure, that I usually say something like "Okay, see you later! Bye!" And if it's my husband or Tara (my "bestie") or my Gram, I'll usually throw in an "I love you!".

5. What is the one food that will always be your "cheat food" on a diet?

Diet? What's that? ;)

I'm not really a dieter. If my clothes are getting a little too tight, I cut back on portion sizes. No cheating that way...if I want Doritos, I have Doritos...I just don't have the whole bag!

But, if you MADE me go on a diet and allowed me one "cheat food"? Hmmmm...what would I pick...well, my one snack that I crave most of all, that I usually have to have on hand, is fruit snacks.

So, I guess I'd take fruit snacks as my cheat...but Doritos would also be at the top of my list. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! We'll be celebrating birthdays and football games and births (I have to work!)!



Comments

  1. so the real question is, do you sometimes forget who you're talking to and throw out an "I love you" and it's not someone you'd normally say that to? Because I would NEVER do something like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know everything has changed on my body...but so worth it right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte