Skip to main content

Something fun...



I have something very fun and exciting (possibly maybe more so for me than you...but I KNOW you will love it too!) up my sleeve.

I know I've talked about her before, but I'm not sure if I ever told you that my Gram is THE BEST COOK in the entire world. She is also one of my favorite people in the entire world. We spent a lot of time at my grandparent's when we were young, and the relationship that I have with them is something I will cherish forever.


A few nights ago I was thinking about how I really want to learn my grandma's tricks...what is it (besides infusing love) that makes her food taste so spectacularly good? And BAM! I had an idea...

Starting next week, I am going to introduce a weekly blog feature called "In the Kitchen with Gram" where we, together, will cook her fabulous meals and present them right here for you to enjoy and learn and for me to not only spend more time with my grandma, but also to improve my cooking AND have some technicolor posts of her amazing dishes!

Bear with me...my food photography leaves much to be desired, but I want to capture the steps that I always seem to mess up: "How brown is "brown" when browning meat?" "How to get lumpless gravy?" "Why are grandma's mashed potatoes so smooth and delicious?"...you know, THOSE kind of questions!

WARNING: This will be a feature chalk full of comfort food and insanely delicious meals...there will be butter involved. And calories. And likely many fat grams. But your family will love you.



Comments

  1. What a great idea!!! I can't wait to see your posts! Your grandmother looks AMAZING! She looks like she could be your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful for all involved...including us readers! Thank you ahead of time for the recipes and cooking tips!

    ~Abby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I seriously have to ask- do the women in your generational up-line AGE AT ALL?!?!? Seriously your mom and grandma look totally young! (Which is totally a bonus for you!) Can't wait to see some new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in! Grandma's cooking is always the best,no matter whose grandma it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait! And Gram...she looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you girls cook up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will be great! I sure wish I still had my grandma with me to something fun like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte