Skip to main content

He makes us laugh...



Hambone is our "one liner" kid. Always coming up with something goofy or silly and not ever really meaning to! He always acts so surprised (and embarrassed) when we all break out into laughter after one of his hilarious little quips.




Remember when our Aussie friends came to stay with us for a couple of days? Well, they gained some pretty big fans while they were here...and then last week we received a package from them in the mail...




LOOK at that loot! (Still not so sure about that Vegemite...) Well, they sent along the movie "Red Dog" (which has opened up my world to a whole 'nother host of problems due to "drive regions" in computers and DVD players. Fer dumb.) and my kids (and ME too!!) LOVE it!


Hambone has always been our movie buff and can rattle off movie lines like none other...but the other night, when he was eating a Popsicle for a bedtime snack he proclaimed, "This Popsicle is BLOODY GOOD!!!!!", we died.


All of us.


Just fell over dead from laughter.


This kids cracks us up.


Then I posted it on Facebook and Paul's (the Aussie Mr. that stayed with us) response was the icing on the cake:


Well bugger me, little blighters were listening after all, you do realise that bloody good is the ultimate praise......


And now I want to be Australian.


G'day mates!










Comments

  1. I'm a bad Australian - I haven't seen Red Dog in it's entirety yet, but I have heard that it's almost as 'bloody good' as popsicles.
    and I couldn't imagine life without vegemite - fancy that

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great package, that's awesome! Your hambone is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to be Australian too. " Bloody good"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous you have Tim Tam's!!! Now you have to have a cup of tea, bite off two corners diagonal to each other, suck the tea through the tim tam then eat quickly. I promise you it is delicious!!

    Bloody good or bloody beautiful are phrases we use all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it - one liners are the best! My hubby is Australian and my youngest (and super picky eater - as in he won't eat ice cream) LOVES Vegemite on toast every morning. So, if you get scared of the Vegemite, send it our way - we're running out. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte