Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 4/20/12


Busy, fun weekend ahead of us! My brother's wedding reception is Saturday...along with Belle's two dance shows for Spring!


Gonna be fun! Gonna have stories! Gonna have photos!

Brace yourself.

Hammering out details with Gram about our blog project! We're both excited about it...gonna pick out recipes next week and start the feature the following week!

Okay, let's get goin'!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are caught in this whirlwind called "life".

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! (Feel free to play along on Twitter, also!)

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, April 13th: (Special thanks to Tyler (@TylerH2102) from Just Another Day in OUR Paradise, Amy (@amy_mcmommy) from Mac or Cheesy,
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Anna (@annacdaisy) from Single Mommy Chronicles, and Erin (@emenchho1) from The Life and Times of E1 for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to mycommunity or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back?

2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"?

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat?

4. What's your favorite cocktail??

5. What was your first job & how old were you?

---------------------------------------

1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back?

Um...don't go to the store? ;)

It stinks...you know? I mean, we try to eat healthier, but the healthy stuff is even more expensive than the junk food!

Our local grocery store has been offering "Penny Pincher" coupons, most of them are decent deals AND you can buy more than one item per coupon!

Unfortunately, I don't pay enough attention to the grocery bill. I really should...I'm gonna have to once we get in full "Dave Ramsey" mode! I do know, that I need to stop buying so much crap...I mean, YOU SHOULD SEE MY SADDLE BAGS!!

Ugh.

2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"?

Is it terrible if I don't have a bucket list?

It is isn't. Okay, let's make one together.

Well...I'd like to win the lottery before I die.

I'd like to have a lake home before I die. (See above bucket list item...)

I'd like to have the body of a supermodel before I die.

There...how's that?

Oh, but wait...I'd like to visit Australia before I die.

And, I'd like to take my kids to Disney before I die.

Oh, yeah...and I really want to travel the country with my hubby when we're retired before I die.

Gosh...this bucket list thing is getting long...

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat?

Duuuuuuudes...I live in MinneSOOOOOta, I would NOT survive without heat. It's not a luxury or a want...it is a bonafide NEED.

Plus...we don't have AC. And yes, I hate that...but at least I don't die from it.

And, as we've just determined, I've gotta lot of things to check off on my bucket list before I die...so, AC is what I'd rather give up!

4. What's your favorite cocktail??

Bloody Marys.

Here's a queston for you...so, if I have ANY other drink (wine, Mike's, anything...) I get a headache within an hour of the drink.

EXCEPT with Bloody Marys. Man alive, I can drink those things til the cows come home! Okay, not really...I'm a horrible drinker. A few drinks and I'm MORE THAN good. More than a few and I'm MORE THAN bad.

But, with Bloody Marys, at least I don't get a headache before I'm even done drinking!

5. What was your first job & how old were you?

Well...my very first job was babysitting...which I did when I was13 ish? But my first "real" job was at our local grocery store and I was just a hair over 16.

I was one of those kids that were SO ready to grow up...got my license as soon as I could, got a job as soon as I could...

In a funny (and by "funny" I mean..."I feel really old"...) my 16 year old has an interview with the very same grocery store that I worked at when I was 16! Crazy how much he's growing up. So good to see, yet so hard at the same time...

Wow. Hug your babies today, 'cuz you'll wake up tomorrow and they'll be interviewing for their first job...I KID YOU NOT. That's how it happens.

------------------------------------------------

Have a fabulous weekend! Stay tuned to Twitter for what I likely to be an entertaining stream with, possibly, some tipsy tweeting going on!



Comments

  1. I realized I didn't really have a bucket list either. This got me thinking!

    I can't drink white wine, it gives the worst headache ever. Merlot is just so friendly to me. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a bloody mary. Whoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe that MEETING ME isn't on your bucket list.

    Jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog recently and participated in my first Five Question Friday today! I've enjoyed reading your blog! These list questions were a lot of fun. Happy Friday. Make it a great day!

    Amy @ Geaux Girlied

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bloody Mary too.. It's one of my favourite cocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tipsy Tweets? Hmmm... I've joined your gazillion Twitter followers! LOL We all know now that it'll be a bloody Mary buzz.. I like spicy tomato juice, but not a vodka fan. I can't imagine a Bloody Mary with rum though.

    Soooo with you on heat. But I'd actually enjoy not having AC a lot of the time! Sometimes I even throw the heat on in the car for a few minutes in the summer after leaving air-conditioning. (But I realize I'm totally weird there!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the health issue of grocery items. They are NOT cheap. Which makes this economic downfall a concern if you try to eat healthy. But I have to admit, I'm cooking more.. :)

    Opposite of you, I couldn't go without the AC. Summers in New Orleans will wilt you within seconds. I don't know if I even used the heater this past "winter"... or "summer lite" as I like to call it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog and must follow and link-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my first job was in a library and my daughter's was also in a library - I was a teacherf and she trained to be a teacher. We don't fall far from teh tree!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte