Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 4/6/12

Tappin' this out on the trusty ol' iPad, which, yes, I totally love, but not for writing blog posts...my fingers move too fast for the old touch pad keyboard. (There is, however, the benefit/curse of autocorrect on my iPad...) ;)


Gonna be a busy weekend for all of us, I'm guessing? Multiple Easter celebrations on our end, anywa! I loveEaster...such a feeling of freshness and renewal.

In any event, I just can't do my normal fun (read: LONG) answers w this iPad...so, I'm gonna put the post up, and when I can get to my (or any) computer, I'll add my answers in! Hopefully it won't be much later than lunchtime!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are preparing for Easter!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! (Feel free to play along on Twitter, also!)

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, April 6th: (Special thanks to
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Becky (@beckymuller) from It's a Wonderful Life, Tina (@PeazyT) from I Have Autism, not Cooties, Erin (@Midnite592) from Dreaming with Midnite, and Kate (@KatieB38) from Kate's Life for their question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1.
Would you prefer having people over for dinner or going to their house?

2. Favorite Bible verse and why?

3. What was the first concert you ever attended, and the most recent one?

4. The year is 2025. What are you doing, and what have you done?

5. What's your favorite Easter treat?

-----------------------------


1.
Would you prefer having people over for dinner or going to their house?

That's a tough one. I really enjoy hosting, mostly because I'm lazy and that means people come to me...but, who doesn't enjoy having someone else make dinner for them?

Here's the other thing...when we eat dinner here, I don't do the dishes. The kids (with the Mr.'s guidance) are in charge of kitchen clean up. However, when I go somewhere else I, of course, help clean up. Chalk another one up to hosting.

One way or the other, I wouldn't turn one down because I prefer the other!

2. Favorite Bible verse and why?

I will totally admit that, as a Catholic, I am not up to speed on my bible verses. But, I do have a favorite...

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


It speaks to my heart, particularly after what 2011 threw at us. Last year I learned that everything happens for a reason...I remind myself of that and take comfort in knowing that while we don't know what tomorrow has in store for us, God does. He has a plan for us.

I don't believe that God makes bad things happen, but that perhaps He doesn't intervene to stop a bad outcome when He is ready to call someone Home. Does that make sense?

3. What was the first concert you ever attended, and the most recent one?

I was a child of the 90's, folks. (Well, the 80's too...)

I'll give you one guess...

Do you have your guess ready?

What is it?

New Kids on the Block?! YUP! You are right!!

Loved those boys as if my life depended on it. Donnie in particular. Wanna know why I liked Donnie? Aside from the whole "bad boy" image he had? (Why was that so attractive to me? Ugh.)

I liked Donnie because he was a "lesser liked" New Kid and I figured my chances were better with him.

How weird is teenagerhood? I apologized to my mom the other day for ever being 13-18. Seriously...those of you who have yet to experience parenting a teenager...apologize to your parents RIGHT NOW.

Whoa. Serious digression there.

Okay, most recent concert?

Why, Lady A, of course!! Such a fun night with my handsome husband...

4. The year is 2025. What are you doing, and what have you done?

Well, I am 48 years old. Wow. Um. WOW.

I have one child left at home and I likely already have grandchildren. (Holy heart palpitations right now...) Actually...I HOPE I have grandchildren. 2025 would mean the Pal is 29 years old. PLENTY old enough to have a beautiful wife, a happy, loving marriage and at least one sweet baby, no?

For that matter, Belle will be 23. When I was 24 I was married with a second baby on the way. CAH-razy.

I do hope my kids get married (appropriately and to wonderful spouses) younger than what "society" dictates nowadays. I think having kids young gives you the energy to enjoy them...and you can enjoy your spouse when they're gone.

Of course, there is a strong argument of enjoying your spouse while you're young and having kids when you're older and wiser. To each their own...

I know each pregnancy got harder on my body the older I got. I know I love being a young mom.

Alright...onto the "what have you done" part...I have raised 5 children into successful, KIND, loving, faithful adults (well, #5 will still be a work in progress, but she'll be almost there!). And THAT will be my greatest accomplishment.

Anything else I do will pale in comparison to seeing my children be successful. No amount of money, no Nobel Peace Prize, NOTHING will be more important to me that knowing that I "did right" by my kids.

I believe that it was Steve Jobs that said, "Success that comes at the expense of your children is not a success"...or something along those lines. From a man who experienced some pretty spectacular professional success at the expense of his kids? Not ever something I want to do.

5. What's your favorite Easter treat?

Well this year, it's Cadbury Mini Eggs...not the gooey, super sweet eggs, but the chocolate eggs with the candy coating over them? M&Mish candies? YUM!! Perfect sized chocolate craving antidotes.

Yum, yum, YUM!! Okay...now I want one or 10.

----------------------------------------------------

Off to get myself some yummy chocolate! Have a fabulous day and a blessed Easter!


Comments

  1. Your verse and rememberance of last year reminds me of another verse: "But rejoice that you participate in teh sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." 2 Peter 4: (13?) God can work every suffering out to His glory.

    And I was a big fan of Jonathan's for that very.same.reason. Odds. They were in my favor. (sha, right!)

    Cadbury eggs....mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are my favorite Easter candies as well. YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That verse is definitely one of my favourites. When I think about Verd's tragic passing, I'm reminded of how God gives us beauty for ashes. Verd lived a life of love and giving, and those who knew him were inspired. Losing him felt like the end, but God took those ashes and gave beauty - in his loss, there were news reports and more people learned of the life he led and were inspired. Like ripples. What he did in this life won't end because he has left it, others will take up where he left off. Beauty for ashes.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the validation, I too am Catholic and thought the same thing about individual verses, so I wrote about my favorite Bible story. My first concert was also NKOTB, it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NKOTB was my first too. I was in love with Jordan Knight! I absolutely love your reason for chosing Donnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first concert was NKOTB too! I was in love with Joey. I remember it clearly even though I was only in 2nd grade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree...having children young gives you more time and energy to enjoy them. You can enjoy your spouse along the way but isn't it always "the best years are yet to come"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw NKOTB in the 90's too....but I was 15 at the time. AND they were my most recent concert too. Last summer --- NKOTBSB, baby!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte