Skip to main content

To My Baby:


Dear Baby Girl:

This post is 10 days late...will you forgive me? The world seemingly stopped when we lost your Uncle Verd just a couple of days before your birthday.


February 2nd, 2011 passed in a blur of tears and broken hearts, no one felt like celebrating a birthday...but today, we will celebrate you.

You and the amazing way you have blessed our lives since you entered this world three years ago. The tiny little bundle that you were, came blazing into this world and captured our hearts the moment we laid eyes on you.


Bull-headed from the get go, you've always known what you want, how you want it, and who you want it from.

Your blue eyes sparkle with the joy and silliness that only a toddler can possess. Not too very long ago, you wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with snuggling...when bedtime came, you didn't want to rock or snuggle or sing or read; you just wanted to go "nigh-nigh" in your crib.


That, however, changed the instant we put you in a big girl bed...you are now the world's most snuggly little girl. You still want to "rub" our shirts, oftentimes reaching down the neck of a sweater or sweatshirt in search of that jersey knit t-shirt beneath. In fact, you often demand, "Take it off!" if daddy or I are not wearing a shirt that is suitable to your rubbing!

You are fabulous, my love. I lay beside you at night and stare at you, marveling in how blessed we are to have you. You have proven to be a soothing balm for our broken hearts as we miss Uncle Verd.


Your hugs, innocent questions, and spontaneous "I love you!"s bring light to our lives when we need them most.

Happy 3rd Birthday (10 days late) my beautiful girl! I pray that we prove to be the best parents you could ever dream to have gotten "stuck" with!

I love you, my girl.

Love,
Your Mama



Comments

  1. She's absolutely beautiful! Happy late birthday from one Groundhog Day baby to another! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday precious!
    And I love the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful daughter you have :)
    Happy birthday to her
    I hope she has a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birtday!
    She is beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable. Happy belated Birthday to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post brought tears to my eyes! It's amazing how, if even for a moment, our precious little ones can be our lights in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went and read the birth story, my grandmother and I shared a birthday. And I have, I think 2 friends, who share a birthday with a sibling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte