Skip to main content

Love Language

A couple of weeks ago I took an online quiz (quiz can be found here) about which love language was mine...not surprisingly (to me), it came back (overwhelmingly) "Quality Time".

Never before in my life has that love language of mine been more evident than these last few weeks...my husband is very busy with a work project that is taking up oodles of his time, including all of last weekend and never before have I been so stressed out and feeling "unloved" as I have lately. 

It kind of cracks me up that after 11 1/2 years of marriage I FINALLY decide to take the Love Language test RIGHT BEFORE all hell breaks loose and my time with my husband is grossly interrupted. Like God was saying, "Now, Mama, things are gonna get chaotic and hectic here and Mr. wonderful is going to be very busy. This is a reminder that you FEEL most loved, that your PERCEPTION of being loved comes with quality time and that it doesn't, indeed, mean you are loved any less when that quality time is lacking." 

The timing was perfect, but it didn't make it any easier. 

My husband has never taken the Love Language quiz but I can tell you, without any doubt, that his Love Language is Acts of Service. So, while I was wallowing in self pity these last few weeks, missing my time with my husband, he was showing me his love for me through his own love language...washing clothes, cleaning the kitchen...even asking, at one point, "Have you seen all the laundry I've done?"

And I hadn't. Not really, because I was too wrapped up in my pity party of "I don't get enough time with him!!" 

He's been home since Monday, and I finally feel as if my world is starting to recenter itself, that I'm getting back into the groove, that I'm not feeling discombobulated and turned around and off balance and weepy and sad and irritable and stressed and, well, unloved. 

This project isn't over...so, if you find me having a pity party would you kindly remind me of my love language? Remind me that as soon as we are back to being one cohesive, TOGETHER, unit, that all will be right in my world again?

Thank you kindly...and now, I'm off to snuggle with Mr. Acts of Service.


Comments

  1. I actually just heard about this at the retreat that I went to over the weekend. I got the book but we both need to take the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "touch" a love language? Cause if it is, that's mine. Hand's down. I'll have to check out that quiz. A second (close second) would be gift giving (not receiving).

    And yet another thing our husbands have in common...D is an Act of Service guy too. Clean house, packing his lunch as a surprise, back rubs.....he's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've taken the love language test twice, and both times my primary love language is words of affirmation. Quality time was in the middle, tied with acts of service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took this test a few years ago and was not shocked at all to learn that mine was touch. As much as I try to pretend to be a tough girl who doesn't need anyone... I totally melt for a little cuddling or hand holding. I don't need a whole lot, but physical affection goes a long way with me. I find the whole thing so interesting and right on point though... glad you're getting a little extra quality time this week, even if it is going to be stunted a bit more in the weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte