Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/19/12

Seems like it's been forever since I've written a 5QF post and I haven't had to work Friday...it's kinda nice!



We're currently enjoying "fall break", aka "MEA Weekend" 'round these parts. I think once upon a time "MEA" stood for "Minnesota Educators Assembly" or something like that. It was a conference weekend for Minnesota Educators and now is just a nice long "let's all stay up late and watch movies and sleep in until 10" weekend. And it is blissful.

Anyway, a friend and I are taking our kids to a waterpark today...can I see a show of hands of who thinks the water park is going to be crazy busy on a long weekend when EVERY KID in Minnesota has off?

Oh, all of you? That's what I thought. Wish us luck...

Then tonight, I think I'm taking my 14 year old cousin to the drive-in for "Fright Night"...she's a scary movie lover and we've been planning this for a while. Wish us luck...

After that I work Saturday and Sunday and it has been so crazy busy that I'm wondering if we're seeing the beginnings of the 50 Shades baby boom. Wish me luck...

Okay, enough luck wishing, let's get to the questions!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are totally wonky with their days and can't be bothered for inspiration.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, October 19th: (Special thanks to 
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Tonya (@tonyamaries) from The Heart Desires, Erin (@Midnite592) from Dreaming with Midnite, Scott (@thisdaddys_blog) from This Daddy's Blog, and Claire (@clairedonison) for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. Where do you hide junk when people come over?

2. Do political ads help you decide who you are going to vote for?

3. What's your favorite holiday party to host?

4. You go to an island with your husband and can only take one personal item. What is it?

5. If you found out your spouse was a Dexter style serial killer (only kills people to save others) would you rat?


--------------------------------------------------------

1. Where do you hide junk when people come over?
Well, if you're a close friend? No where. All of my junk is displayed for you to see when you come to visit. Aren't you lucky?!


For birthday parties or holiday gatherings? Our bedroom. It becomes a catchall for EVERYTHING that we can't find a good place for before all the company starts arriving.

Which is embarrassing, because we usually put coats on our bed.

So much for hiding the junk.

2. Do political ads help you decide who you are going to vote for?

Ugh. No.


I'm so distrusting of EVERYTHING political that I don't believe anything.

CNN? Total liberal skew.

FOX? As much as they call it "Fair and Balanced" it's totally conservative. Although, someone once said, "Well, at least you'll see a democrat on FOX! You won't see a Republican on CNN!"

I wouldn't know since I black out and get amnesia everytime one of those channels comes on.

I do know that I'm ready for this political season to be over. I think they pair the Olympics with election year to get us all happy before they annoy us all with the smashing and bashing and mudslinging of election season.

3. What's your favorite holiday party to host?

Well, since it's the only once we host, I'll go with "Christmas for 1000, Alex".


But really? I love it.

We started hosting several years ago...maybe 5 years?...and it has been the best thing ever! I always thought it would be stressful hosting, and it's not necessarily a breeze, but wow. I love waking up, having a leisurely Christmas morning and then having people come to us.

Not having to pack up and haul all sorts of stuff anywhere. I love it. And I love that our house is a total family friendly home that fits and welcomes 56 people into it!

And this Christmas? We'll have a new bathroom to "ooh" and "ahh" over! Yay! (Maybe new carpet too?)

4. You go to an island with your husband and can only take one personal item. What is it?

Soap. I'd wanna at least be clean.


No...wait...toothbrush. I mean, gah, can you imagine how fuzzy your teeth would get? I mean, you'd totally have to brush them with sand, unless your spouse chose toothpaste (which, of course, any good spouse would, right? Teamwork at its best!) then you'd be golden.

Wait...Scott...how long am I on this island with my husband? A day? A week? A year? Forever? 'Cuz that could totally change my "one thing".

5. If you found out your spouse was a Dexter style serial killer (only kills people to save others) would you rat?

Wow. That's a hard one. I mean...gosh. I dunno?

For the record, I've never seen Dexter. Not that that's really here nor there, but still.

I would probably say yes. I would rat.

Afterall...who's to say you wouldn't be next?

----------------------------------------------------------

And now, I'm off to enjoy my day with my hoodlums! Ciao!




Comments

  1. I know that question about one thing is VERY hard, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good answers, I can totally relate to you on most of them. I went with the toothbrush because I figure this island probably has water, so rinsing off the body would work, but bad breath would definitely be a bad thing. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't think about toothpaste... rats...

    I've never seen Dexter either. Wasn't sure how to answer that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers, I didn't think about soap...lol I have to work Sunday too. Have fun with the kids on their days off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I am so caught up in blogging that I didn't even think about hygiene although if the island is surrounded by salt water one just rinse their mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. It's my first time playing along and I did have fun!!! Love your answers. I would totally take a toothbrush too. And yeah, if friends come over that get to see the messes too. :) Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte