Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 10/26/12

Oh my friends...I get to snuggle my sweet little nephew again today. I'm sorry, you might be bombarded with nephew photos, forgive me. I'm pretty sure that I've discovered a new profession...Birth Story Photography.



Combining my two loves into one career? Ohmydearheavens...where do I sign?

Okay...so, I'm currently enjoying a tiny slice of piece and quiet while I write this...hubs has 4 younger kids visiting with cousins, big boy at my parents watching various sporting events...so for a couple of hours, I'm going to listen to...nothing.

Except for the clackity clack of my keyboard as I type. And edit photos. *swoon*

To the linky!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are totally captivated by their new nephew and can't be disturbed from snuggling.

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!

Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

Questions for Friday, October 19th: (Special thanks to 
Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop Petrie, Tina (@PeazyT),  Brooke (@HallBro) from Brooke and Michael, Tonya (@tonyamaries) from The Heart Desires and Cate (@RndmCrftyGAgrl) from Random Crafty GA Girl for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so come on over to my community or watch for my Thursday afternoon shout out for questions on Twitter and offer up your best question suggestions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)


1. Who wakes up in the morning with the kids, you or hubby?

2. Do you watch the World Series even if your team isn't in it?

3. What is the best compliment you have received?

4. Do/did you dress up to take your kids trick or treating?

5. Do you have a favorite bible verse? What is it and why?


--------------------------------------------

1. Who wakes up in the morning with the kids, you or hubby?
Well, we both do. Hubs wakes to alarm, showers then wakes kids, then me.


He's a kind, kind, kind man and knows I need sleep so he wakes me last! As much as I hate waking up in the mornings, it's so important for me to see my kids off to school.

So, I pack lunches, break up fights, wipe Nutella off faces and kiss them goodbye as they head out for the day...then, I promptly head back to my warm bed and snuggle in with my sleeping baby, until she wakes me for the rest of the day!

I love our little routine.2. Do you watch the World Series even if your team isn't in it?

No. I love baseball but, you know, there's this thing called "no cable" that we have, that's not conducive to watching anything.


If my team were in the World Series, I'd probably wait until it was do or die time before I watched. like Game 3. Or something.

Aw, hell, I don't know what I'm talking about. Is there 5 games in the World Series? Or 7? First to win 3 or 5? I don't know.

Can we talk about something else now?

3. What is the best compliment you have received?

Ahhhh, that's better. Compliments.


Honestly, I get uncomfortable with compliments but the ones I love? Are the ones that pertain to my family. There's nothing I love more than wrestling with 5 kids through Sunday mass, then having an older couple or person come up to us and tell us what a beautiful family we have. 

Or how well behaved our kids were (as I'm wiping sweat and blood from my face after round 4 with the kids in the pew).

Or how our family reminds them of their family when they were young.

Or how much they enjoy watching our family in church (which only tells me that we provide some sort of entertainment to those behind us...not sure that's a good thing, but whatev).

I love that. It makes my heart swell with pride and I beam. I just positively beam when I'm complimented on my family...'cuz I think they're pretty awesome too.

4. Do/did you dress up to take your kids trick or treating?

The closest I ever got to dressing up for Halloween was the year I bought a black and purple witches hat.


And my noggin' is so big it wouldn't stay on. It's unfortunate that I have so much gray matter that normal sized/one size fits all headwear doesn't fit me. Ever.

Ever, ever, ever.

Did I mention ever?

Hence, you will never see me sporting a baseball cap on bad hair days. I'd rather sport the bad hair than a hat that looks goofy on my oversized melon.


5. Do you have a favorite bible verse? What is it and why?

I don't think it was too terribly long ago that we did this question...but I love it, so why not again?

It's Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I love that verse. I love that is so simply says that God has a plan set in place for each of us. 

I wish I were better versed in the bible...being Catholic, we aren't taught to memorize bible verses, but this is one that has really resonated with me and stuck with me. Ever since Verd died, I just have this feeling, this...peace...that everything happens for a reason.

It makes it much easier to swallow the bad things and rejoice in the good, knowing that God has my back!

That God...He's really something, isn't he?

------------------------------------------

And now, I'm off! Stay tuned for lot's of baby pics!





Comments

  1. I love your bible scripture choice, too..so many that speak to me but I did manage to choose just one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting! Everything does happen for a reason... I am a firm believer in that... even if we don't understand the "whys" at the time. Can't wait to see pics!

    Julia
    http://www.momontherunx2.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Compliments about families are always welcome. Enjoy your new nephew. I love babies and we have another one coming in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha. The World Series is best 4 of 7 games ;-) Close though. And your verse is the same as mine. -PeazyT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That verse is a favourite one of mine as well, and I love what it says right after: "Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my teams is in the World Series and not doing so well, but the didn't quite make it there last year, so no matter what I'm happier than fans of 28 other teams, right?

    In church, God provides those lenses that give every family an angelic glow, right? It just means that even on rough days you may not feel it but the lessons you teach about manners and behavior shine through and you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte