Skip to main content

Monday Mumblings

What a weekend! Party Friday, party Saturday, party Sunday...*yawn*...I'm pooped!

I "co-hosted" a shower for my SIL and soon to be arriving nephew Saturday and people? The baby stuff? I want another baby because OMG the baby gear has improved since my baby was a baby!

Let me show you...

Have you seen this?


Or these?



I die. The baby stuff makes me want another...I mean, look how comfy that little bed is! And that snuggle pod? No wrapping, to pulling, no velcro, just ziiiiiiip!! and snug as a bug, that baby is all swaddled.

There are geniuses in this world, people, and I am (unfortunately) not one of them.

Next on agenda: Invent latest and greatest baby gadget/gear/must have and retire to the mountains.

Or something.

And then, last night we had Belle's birthday party and as is tradition, she received a VERY special gift from my parents...




Friends, SHE'S GOIN' TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!! (And I get to go too!! Just have to pay for plane tickets and amusement park tickets!)

As is typical of this girl, she's equal parts incredibly excited and very nervous.

She keeps asking "Is the plane ride scary?" and as a "flying hater" I feel like a liar when I tell her, "Oh, not at all." and then begin planning which sedative I plan on taking for the flight.

Poor girl...hopefully she will just sit back and enjoy and not be too anxious. Unfortunately, I won't be the one to be reassuring her..."WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!"

Just kidding...I get very zen when I fly. I go all internal and begin to have a very long dialogue with God. Something like, "God? It's me. You know, I really don't want to die today...my kids and husband need me and feel like I have a lot of life left to live. Graduations, weddings, grandbabies...that whole thing. Could you please carry this plane through the air and land us safely in Florida?"

Once that plane starts to rocket down the run way, my conversation with God stops mid sentence and begin a non ending stream of Our Fathers and Hail Marys and so help me, DO NOT talk to me, because I won't answer you. I'm too busy begging God to not let it be my last day.

Add my daughter to the flight? I'm either gonna hafta be drunk, stoned, or sedated...probably best if I'm all three. Classy, for that 7:30am flight. ;) (Kidding...a little Ativan should do me just fine. I hope.)

And now, I'm off to go cook with Gram! A fun little dessert for y'all! See you tomorrow!

Oh, wait...first, look what I made for my girl (per her request) yesterday!!


Proud.



Comments

  1. Oh, wow, that cake looks DELICIOUS!!!! Belle is so pretty - love her smile in that second pic getting the gift of Disney!!! Your flight will be FINE!!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome present! And yes, I adore all the new baby stuff. They even have wipees for pacifiers. Now that is brilliance...Passy Wipes. The cake reminds me of one Dolly Madison Company made when I was a little girl. Would love to have the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. Seriously. We HAVE to fly somewhere together some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I know! My little new granddaughter sleeps in that little rocker and it is WONDERFUL! I intend to give one at any baby shower I attend!

    I used to be like you on flights also. Then, I had to fly on a small plane frequently as I went with the oncologist to small WY towns to give chemo. Eventually, I got more used to it. Oh, there is always praying that went along with it, but I was also able to reach a point where I also could enjoy the view. I hope you both have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am SOOOOOO Jealous, I've always dreamed of going to Florida and Disneyworld, your daughter is the luckiest girl in the world, you'll both be fine and have a fabulous time! Say hi to Mickey for me. :D

    Love the cake too, looks yummy, I'm practically drooling on the screen at it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte