Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Holiday Cookbook...Pioneer Woman Style!

A couple of weeks ago, I received a fun little email informing me of!

It was the day after I accepted the "new gig" and I was kind of already flying high on excitement (and fear!) and when I opened the email from "Morgan" that read, "Ree Drummond would like to send you an advance copy of her 'A Year of Holidays Cookbook'"...well, I got a little giddy, it was like the cherry on top of an ice cream sundae!

Only I don't like cherries on sundaes. But, you get the idea, right? :)

So, last Saturday, when one of my kiddos came running in from outside with a package that looked suspiciously like a book, I tore it open and sure enough...this was inside:


I quickly thumbed through it, and guys? I love Ree's style of cookbook writing. (No, I haven't been paid, or encouraged, or even asked to say anything at all about the cookbook...just doing so 'cuz I like what I see!) She intersperses her recipes with stories of her family and I may or may not have teared up at the Mother's Day introduction.

You can't make me tell. *sniffle* *tear*

Gah. I'm such a about moms and grandmas and I turn into a puddle.

And the granita? Yorkshire pudding? Prime Rib? Pecan Pie?

Can you hear my tummy growling?

Dear Pioneer Woman, 
Will you adopt me? 

All my love,
Hungry in Minnesota

(Oh, and I just looked it up...the cookbook will be released on October 29th! Less than a week away!)

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about buying one of her cookbooks! I love reading her blog (: How awesome that you got an advanced copy!


I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with long as they are respectful!


Related Posts with Thumbnails

This Template was custom created by Bloggy Blog Designz Copyright 2010