Skip to main content

In the Kitchen with Gram...Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad

After a couple of weeks off due to vacations and crazy schedules, WE'RE BACK!! And with one of my favorite summer dishes, to boot!



Wanna know the glory of this dish, other than deliciousness? It's super customizable. Gram likes green grapes, I always use red. Gram uses ring macaroni, I use rotini. Gram adds black olives, I *gag* *shudder* *goosebumps* do not.

Are you a pepper lover? I'd bet they'd be delicious in this! Hate onions? Leave 'em out! Prefer mayo over Miracle Whip? Well, then, we can't be friends.

Okay, fine...I'll let it slide this time.

Anyway, this is super easy to make and if you're in a hurry and need it to come together even faster? Substitute the chicken breasts for canned chicken. Friends, sometimes you have to trade health for time...it's just a fact of life. ;)

Let's get started...first off, cook up your seasoned chicken:



Peel and mash (as coarsely as you prefer) your eggs:



Add in halved grapes:



Onion and celery:



And black olives, if desired *shiver*:



At approximately this place in your recipe, add in your cooked pasta and shake your fist at the flighty food blogger who gave you this recipe but forgot to take a photo of said pasta.

Add everything together.



Now, mix up your dressing so it is a nice, pale yellow and pour it over the top:



Gently stir to combine, adding more dressing to desired "moistness" (yeesh, that's a gross word to use when food blogging).

Immediately before serving, sprinkle cashews on top and dig in!



The cashews TOTALLY make this recipe. Perfect amount of salt and crunch!

Gram's Cashew Chicken Pasta Salad
Printable Recipe


3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned with season salt and microwaved until done, diced (or 2 cans of canned chicken, drained)
2 boxes of ring macaroni
6 hard boiled eggs
5-6 handfuls of grapes, halved
1 sm onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
As many nasty black olives as you so desire, sliced
Cashews

Dressing:
Miracle Whip
Mustard
Sugar
Pepper


Bring large pot of heavily salted water to a boil (like Mario Batali says, "It should be as salty as the sea!") and cook pasta as directed on box, drain and rinse in cold water. Microwave your chicken breasts on high, in 6 minute increments, until done. Peel and rinse eggs and mash coarsely. In large bowl add pasta, chicken, eggs, grapes, onion, celery and black olives. In separate bowl, start with 1 c. Miracle Whip and 1/4 c. mustard. 1 "gram handful" of sugar and a few shakes of pepper from the pepper shaker. Combine well and pour over ingredients in other bowl, gently combine. If you need more dressing, start with small amounts of Miracle Whip and mustard and add until your pasta is as "dressed" as you prefer! I like mine a tad on the dry side, but there's nothing wrong with a heavily sauced pasta salad. (Well, okay, there is, but I didn't want to tell you to your face.) ;)

Enjoy!



Comments

  1. I would never have thought to add grapes. I think my husband would love this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious and welcome back. Enjoyed your vacation pictures. But my oh my did I miss our 5 Q F. Hope to see it back this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte