Skip to main content

Five Question Friday! 7/19/13

Here I sit, at 11:05pm on Thursday night, writing my post for Friday morning, with the wimpiest fan I've ever encountered blowing on me. Seriously. It's like, if you stood across the room from someone and very gently blew in their direction...that's what this fan is like on the highest setting.



And I was so excited about it! (I mean, it oscillates in a "figure 8" pattern, you guys!)

Anyway...my weekend to work is coming up, which means I'll put in 24 hours in the hospital. But, as I've said before, if I have to be at work, I'm sure glad I get to welcome babies!

Okay, let's get to the party!

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you discovered your muses are off getting their hair done. 

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP! 


Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!


Questions for Friday, July 19th: (Special thanks to Pam (@trooppetrie) from Troop PetrieMaranda (@MarandaLamping) from Maranda Lamping, Tricia (@mamamarchand) fromMama Marchand's Nest, Kristin (@KristinL516) from Ramblings of a Stressed Out Mom and The Nameless One (@gasfamily) from The Gas Family for these 5QF question suggestions! I would love to link you in a future 5QF, so follow me on Twitter (@5crookedhalos) and/or like my Facebook page and watch for my Thursday shout out plea for questions! Remember to @5crookedhalos me and use hashtag #5QF if you go the Twitter route!)

1. What is one thing you have too many of in your house?

2. Did anything go not quite as planned on your wedding day?

3. What is your favorite summer smoothie recipe?

4. What is the weather like where you are?

5. What is your favorite book to read to your kids?


----------------------------------------------


1. What is one thing you have too many of in your house?
Hmmmm...lemme think on this.

Um...dustmites?

A spider (cuz one spider is one too many)?

No, no, no...I know. Degrees. We have too many degrees in our house right now. And...what would a measure of water in the air the be? Deciliters? Well, in any event, we have too many of those, too.

See question number 4.

2. Did anything go not quite as planned on your wedding day?

You know...not that I can think of! Funny, little stuff...like a blizzard the day before and day after our wedding day. And the usher waddled the aisle runner down the aisle all funny (like, bent over, unrolling it). But, nothing big.

However, our daughter was the flower girl for aforementioned usher's first wedding and the cutest thing happened. All day long, during pictures and stuff, we were outside and a gust of wind would come up and blow a few flower petals out of her basket and we'd run after them and put them back in her basket Well, when it came time for the ring bearer and her to walk down the aisle, she started sprinkling her flower petals, as directed, and the ring bearer looked at her, mouth agape, and proceeded to pick up nearly every petal she dropped and put in back in her basket!

Poor guy, he helped us race after those petals all day and then she DELIBERATELY drops them? The nerve. ;)

Still makes me smile when I think about it!

3. What is your favorite summer smoothie recipe?

Okay, well first, you take some ice. Then you add some lime juice and top it off with tequila. Blend until smooth and ahhhhhh.

Oh, wait. Not like that?

My favorite smoothies are berry smoothies. I don't really have a recipe...I just dump in what ever fruit I happen to have on hand, toss in some sort of liquid (milk, juice, 7-up), maybe some yogurt or ice cream and top it off with ice.

Yum.

Now I want a smoothie. Strawberry. With Vanilla Ice Cream. Wait. That's a shake.

Okay, nevermind. I'm not good at this smoothie thing.

4. What is the weather like where you are?

Good golly is it ever hot. I am NOT complaining though. It snowed until last week (or so it seemed) so I am appreciating this hot, humid, sticky, thick, scorching weather because I know all too soon it will be frigid and blustery.

Although, if I'm going to be totally honest with you...this "no air conditioning" thing sucks. Van AND home? Totally sucks.

Our temps are in the mid 90's with heat indexes in the triple digits. Total heat wave for us. Minnesota really does get the best of both worlds. The HOT heat and FRIGID cold...add in the glory of spring and the splendor of fall and it's no wonder that my ancestors stayed here.

(Remind me that I said that when January's weather hits.)

5. What is your favorite book to read to your kids?

So, gasfamily actually asked this a couple of weeks ago and I completely forgot about it until last night, when I was (finally...been so bad about reading this summer!) reading to the kids.

I LOVE to read SkippyJon Jones. You can read it with such a goofy, fun accent...I just love it! I'm not sure if my kids love it...my accent, I mean...but what matters is that I do. ;)

More generically, I love to read shortish books to my kids. Books that go on and on and on without going anywhere ("Fox in Socks", I'm talking to YOU.) are enough to make me want to weep.

I like a great picture book with a cute storyline and not a ton of words on EVERY page. I avoid TONS OF WORDS like the plague.

--------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy your weekend! I'll be keeping cool at work! ;)





Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte