Skip to main content

Five Question Friday!! 7/2/10


Hey there, hi there, ho there!!

Raise your hand if you think that July came waaaayyyyyy too fast. *Raises hand and waves it around.*

I can NOT believe that summer is going by so quickly. Before we know it, Christmas will be here.

Welcome to 5QF!! New comers...glad to have ya!! It's about dang time that you found your way over here!


Who's ready for a little Five Question Friday action?!!

Let's get this party started!

Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post. Answer them, then c'mon back to link up! If you don't have a blog, but would like to participate, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this post, or any post along the way!

Questions for Friday, July 2nd: (Special thanks to Sami, Emily, Sarah, and a couple of patriotic questions from yours truly! If YOU would like to be linked in a future 5QF, visit my community, and leave your best question suggestions!!)

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?

5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans?

----------------------------------

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?

Aw, man...just one thing?!!

The "unresponsibilityness" of it. The lack of doctor's appointments to make, bills to pay, jobs to hold, meetings to attend.

And the fun. The playing outside until dark. Whining 'cuz I didn't want to come in. Getting dirty and mosquito bitten and not caring.

In fact...I miss that for my children.

Well...the whole playing outside until dark, part. The dirty/mosquito bit part I don't miss for my children...they've got that down pat!

I miss the carefree days when we didn't have to worry about "stranger danger" so much. When kids rode bikes everywhere without fear of not making it home.

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?

Actually, I am! I have one heckuva great group of girlfriends from high school. We don't see each other nearly enough, but when we do?

Look out!! We're gonna have fun!

My best friend from high school is actually Baby Girl's godmother...she's an awesome chick and one amazing friend!

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?

Ugh. YES!!!! There is!

I hate...are you ready for it?

"It's all good."

I don't know why. It irritates the heck out of me.

Speaking of words that are irritating...let's talk about "meme". WTHeck is a "meme"...is it "may-may" or "me-me" or what? Oh, fer dumb.

It's just...it's just plain stoopid, is what it is.

And...the word...er...ahem...(why is it so hard for me to say?!)...*whispers very fast*...vagina! It's such an ugly word! For real...I wanna know who invented the word vagina, 'cuz I'd like to have a talk with him.

And yes...I know it is a male, because no female would give her lady bits such an ugly name as "vagina".

While we're on weird words (holy accidental alliteration, batman!), let's talk about "scab".

Grody.

Say scab over and over in your mind...it starts to sound pretty freaky.

Don't ask me why I would ever be possessed to say "scab" over and over in my mind...but one day I was...and I determined that it has to be the weirdest word in the English language.

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?

Ahhhhh...America!! I love you!

I get very sentimental at this holiday. It strikes me, that we are such a great country...that we have so many freedoms...that so many men and women selflessly
sacrifce to protect those freedoms...

It makes me feel very proud.

And thankful.

But...what symbolizes America to me? A symbol...other than Old Glory... (
hmmmm...this is a harder question that I originally thought...)

I would have to say the Statue of Liberty. She stands tall for what America represents...Liberty.

Freedom.

Forever.

Oh, and then there's this little song...I may have
mentioned (or, maybe sang) it before:


I thank God for my life
For the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring.
Salute the ones who died
And the ones that gave their lives
So we don’t have to sacrifice
All the things we love
Like our chicken fried

Feeling very patriotic and grateful right now...

5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans?

Awwwwww...*whine*....I don't wanna talk about it!!!

I have to work. The casualty of being a healthcare worker. Unfortunately for me, babies don't stop coming for holidays. (Note to evolution: No babies on holidays.)

I work every third holiday, and this year it happens to be the 4th (and Christmas...but, I'm hoping I break my leg or something and will be on leave...okay, that's a little extreme...but I love my Christmas!!).

The good thing...is it's double time pay. I may very well end up on call...which I certainly wouldn't complain about and, in fact, I'll be asking for it on Saturday in hopes that I can go hang with my aforementioned best friend and her family!

But, just in case I won't be on call...YOU need to make sure to have extra fun for me, m'kay? Promise? Don't worry about today tho...I'll have that covered...

'Cuz it's mine mama's "Diamond Platinum" birthday party!! Yup, born in '55...and turning 55 this year...she dubbed it "Diamond Platinum" (but, she's not getting diamonds OR platinum from me. Sorry mom.)

-----------------------------------------

Alright, my fellow Americans...Happy Independence Day!! Have a fun, safe, fabulous weekend...to everyone!


Comments

  1. I love that song too! Happy bday to your Mama... have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday to your mama!!! Bummer about having to work, but from what I hear it's going to be super hot and muggy outside... so at least you'd be in the air conditioning. Mmmm... right?? :)

    And I'm so with you on the unresponsibilities. I say we all try to get that back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!!! I say "It's all good" frequently. Now you've infiltrated yourself into my head and every time I go to say it, I'm going to think of you and think twice. (sigh) habits are so hard to break. BTW, mine? Chillaxin. Can.not.stand.it. Seriously, nails on a chalkboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that summer is flying! I am due to birth this baby in August so I feel that I have every right to want it to fly by! I work this weekend too (and Christmas for that matter) so maybe I'll see ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a good read, when I stop by. I know you are working but still have a great weekend. God Bless America. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 5 Question Friday! Sorry you have to work. :(

    http://mymusingsd.blogspot.com/2010/07/five-question-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I loved your answers. Who doesn't love the statue of liberty and what she stands for.

    And chicken fried? Yeah, I love me some chicken fried too! ;)

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so right on with the irritating words/phrases/stuff! I don't know what the heck "meme" means. It bugs me. Sorry you gotta work... hope you get to at least be on call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. Agree with you who came up with that word? I usually use whoha or vajayjay. I dont like to use the second though - cuz its Oprahs word and I like to be different. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your mom!

    Oh yes, I use to have to work almost every holiday too before I got promoted. Sorry, my friend...but at least they're paying you extra, right! Take care.

    Oh, and I linked up this week for the first time from my new blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate the "v" word, too, and it makes me so glad to know that even a nurse doesn't like it. I always thought it was us lowly, non-medical people that didn't like it...lol! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm new to your blog and I love it! I agree with the saying "it's all good." Sometimes it's NOT "all good." What's wrong with those people!?!? LOL!

    And as far as I know...it's pronounced "meem"?? But still...what's up with that word???

    Thanks for hosting this 5 question Friday. I really enjoyed it and linked mine up. I look forward to future installments and getting to know you better. I plan on visiting your blog often. Thanks again!!

    ~Maranda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, yes..the Statue of Liberty is a good one! I'm so sorry you have to work. I will be forever grateful for nurses (especially those that work with the babies) and how they work year round. If it wasn't for the health profession and people like you, I wouldn't have one of my babies. So thank you for doing your job in spite of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LoL I have to say that I use "it's all good" from time-to-time. I also use "meme" but I have NEVER understood why they are called that. It just doesn't make any sense to me!

    I chose to answer questions from a previous week this time. I may stay one week behind so I can make sure I am always on-time posting!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am your newest follower, I am excited to have participated in my first 5 question friday. I also have no idea what meme means or what it stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you know, I too heart ZBB!! Thanks for the lyrics quote!! I almost answered #4: Zac Brown. period.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Statue of Liberty! I love it!!! Great Symbol!!
    I AGREE on your yucky word!!! Mine is KINDA similiar!
    Have a FUN&& Safe Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. New follower here! :) Love the 5 ? Fridays. I'll definitely be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha well I made my post last night and thanks to work I am still like link # 60 what ever ...I am sorry you have to work ...I can't believe those babies thnk they need to be born on a holiday how rude =) Happy 4th Mama M
    and the word SCAB is nasto

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yep, I still go to FBC and I was there for a couple weekends in a row last month. It wasn't busy AT ALL last weekend. I am feeling pretty good but tired. I liked your last talkin shop post. Even though this is my 3rd I am going to overpack for the hospital. There's nothing else to do to pass the time when you have everything already! I know I won't be putting any outfits on the baby while we are there, but I am still packing a few. We don't know the gender so I am covering all the bases :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I said that I miss the irresponsible part of childhood too but, I really really miss the days of no "stranger danger". I grew up in a very Donna Reed/Leave it to Beaver type neighborhood where everyone knew everyone and the kids played in the streets until dark. It's sad to think that my kids will never know that.

    But, you know, it's all good. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel so special that you chose one of my questions again! It's like my 15 minutes of fame or something. ;0) Hey, maybe that could be another question -- have you actually had 15 minutes of fame?

    TGIF,
    Sara @ Embracing Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't got through all the comments but wanted to answer the "meme" question.

    My kids call my mother in law "meme". Its another version of grandmother.

    Happy 4th and be safe while out and about from work to home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. HAHA...I agree, I hate the word vagina. Now I say Vajayjay, thanks to Grey's Anatomy.

    Happy 4th of July. We celebrated Canada Day yesterday...it was all good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh...I love that song too :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL I hate the V word too. Though I never have a problem saying 'vag', even if I only use it as a descriptor when mine is doing something that gets on my nerves...or when someone is being a 'C' and I can't use that word for fear of children hearing it. xD

    Happy Birthday to your mom!! I hope you can make it out for her diamond platinum party...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh. My. Gosh. I thought I was the only person who hated the 'v-word' and 'scab'. Ick. I can't stand to hear them said, and I don't say them. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so funny! The comments, I mean. Especially the one from the person who thinks "meme" is a name for grandma! Did she not read the question? Or maybe she doesn't blog very often. Oh well, it's all in fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! And, I welcome your thoughts that aren't in agreement with mine...as long as they are respectful!

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte