Skip to main content

Coronavirus. Minnesota. May 6.

The grass in green, the trees are budding, the sun is shining and life keep chugging along. Our Governor extended the “stay home” order until May 18th, but I feel that the natives are getting restless. There are so many people out at stores and I’ve even see traffic change over the last couple of weeks, it’s as if people are saying “okay, enough now” with their actions.

Lots of people wearing masks in stores, but the toilet paper is back in stock! Yay! Unfortunately now, ziplock bags have taken a hit and it always seems I’m late to the game and in need of whatever the rest of the world decided to stock up on, so I had to settle for my “not favorite” brand of ziplock bags. (First world problems, I KNOW.)

After reaching a low of $1.34/gallon, it seems as if gas prices are rebounding, up as high as $1.79/gallon (seems weird to think that that is “high”!) in some places!

Our farmers, especially pig farmers, are in a bind. Many processing plants have had COVID outbreaks and had to shut down, leaving some farmers with no option but to euthanize their herd (do you call a group of pigs a herd?). Butcher shops are completely booked for the foreseeable future, and some farms have set up make-shift DIY butchering stations on their farmers if people want to come do it themselves. (This is where I tap out. Nope, not gonna do it.) Meat is tough to find in stores as well and Sam’s Club and Costco are limiting shoppers to one package of chicken/pork per shopper.

OH!! And the big news now are these mutant hornets that have been found in the US. And the memes about them are hilarious!!







Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at those!

In random news, I decided to host a Pamper Chef party and was ASTOUNDED at how many people purchased! It was a great “quarantine” activity and now I have a bunch of new Pampered Chef stuff coming my way! Yahoo!!

We are still participating in masses online...and every time we live stream a mass from our own parish, I get misty eyed. I have such a longing to be back there! The good news is that churches now have some limited availability for adoration/prayer time...I am hoping to stop in tomorrow and just spend a little time with our Lord! 

The kids will be done with school work next Friday, and then summer vacation will officially kick off!! Although...I kinda feel like summer vacation stared in mid-March! 🤣 

Ellie’s Senior end of year activities kicked off tonight with a live streamed Honor’s Society...next week is Scholarship night then the seniors will be honored with a special day where the do a “drive thru” end of year round up! Yearbooks! Grad Bash prizes! Caps and Gowns! Scholarships! It’s a one stop shop and we just drive up and get Ellie’s stuff! Bittersweet for sure.

Today two fighter jets did fly overs at a number of hospitals/health care facilities in Minnesota...it was such a weirdly emotional moment for me, seeing those two jets and hearing the roar of their engines and knowing it was in support of healthcare workers. I feel a little “weird” about being lumped in with the healthcare heroes...I am so far removed from the front lines, that I always want to make it clear that THEY are the real heroes. The ones who truly deserve the accolades.

To be continued...

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte