Skip to main content

They're BAAAAAAAACK!

Perfect timing for a spooky story, since it IS October and all, right?

Imagine this: you lose your way to contact loved ones, then right before your very eyes every appointment and party and get together vanishes into thin air.

DUH DUH DUH DUHNNNNNNN.

It happened to me Sunday morning. I slept peacefully through the night only to wake up and discover that all of my contacts had gone missing from my phone during the night. I thought maybe they all ran off together on some grand adventure, but I discovered them, hanging out together, right there in the cloud. So WHY weren't they on my phone?

Of course, I wanted a quick fix. A button to push. Something fast and easy. But everything I tried was unsuccessful. They remained, stubbornly, up there in the dang cloud.

Then I discovered my Calendar had been wiped clean. To some, this might sound like something from their wildest dreams, but to me? TERROR. That calendar is my LIFELINE, PEOPLE!! I panicked a little, wondering what important events, dates, meetings, appointments I was going to miss...

I decided to throw in the towel and get the new iPhone. Clearly my 4S was no longer up to the task of being my #1 sidekick. I hauled my butt to the nearest Best Buy (my new favorite place to shop, thanks to the SUPERB service we've gotten there!) only to discover that they were clean outta iPhones. 

Over to AT&T I went. Same story.

Then onto Target. Ditto.

And then, to Best Buy Mobile. Where, they too, were out of the iPhone. I lamented about my missing contacts and calendars and "ugh'ed" that they were still in the cloud so why won't they come back down to my phone.

Then, this adorable blonde haired young Best Buy dude said something magical, "Wait. It's in the cloud? Try signing out of your Apple ID, then sign back in." Seems easy enough, right?

Well it didn't work. BUT THEN. OHHHHHHH BUT THEN!!!

I remembered something I had read on the internet...if you turn off iCloud for contacts and calendars (keeping what's already on your phone), then turn them back on and "merge", that your info will come back. Well, I had already tried that (about 30 times, like the Walmart cashier that kept trying to scan an item that said "Non-saleable item"...IT DIDN'T WORK THE FIRST TIME, why would it work the 30th?!) and failed but I had a EUREKA moment.

What if...WHAT IF I put the two tactics together? It was like you could see the freaking light bulb light up above my head.

I quickly grabbed my phone, turned off iCloud for contacts and calendar and then signed out of my Apple ID. I waited a few minutes, signed back IN to my Apple ID then turned iCloud back on for contacts (choosing "merge" when the option comes up) and calendar AND HOLY MOLY.

There were my contacts. E'ry last one of 'em!!!! And my appointments and birthday parties and prior commitments and EEEEEEEEK!!!!

My life was all back in order.

The end.



Comments

Most Popular Posts

Coming soon...

Come here looking for the tutorial? It can be found here:  Halo Braid Tutorial!  Let me know how it goes! I had something in mind to try on Baby Girl's hair the other day...my best bud, Dr. J, did something similar to it on Belle once, and I was trying to replicate it. Instead, I got this: Isn't it pretty?! It didn't take nearly as long as it looks and isn't nearly as intricate as it looks! Vlog tutorial coming soon...(for those of you waiting, I'm sorry it's taking me so long!)

Halo Braid Tutorial!

How appropriate, "halo braid", no?! ;) Finally, I have this ready for you...I apologize for the delay! This braid looks intricate, but is really quite easy and quick to pull off...the original video (prior to the warp speed braiding...watch the video to see what I mean) was just a bit over 8 minutes long...not too shabby! So, here you go...right in time for you to try it out on your little girl for Easter!

Crock-Pot Fajitas

You! Yes, YOU!! You must stop whatevertheheck it is that you are doing, and make this recipe. Right now. Tonight. Well...wait. You should probably finish reading this post first...you know...so you know how to make it... But then...STOP! STOP everything, make this, and thank me later! Oh, hold it...wait just a sec (again)...actually, I got this recipe from Melissa...yes, the Melissa of this story ! And this story ...which, well...is the same story, just told two different ways! ;) So, you can thank her...I guess. Well, in any event...prepare your tastebuds to be tantalized! You'll need this: And, this: You'll also need chicken breasts or steak, but since photographing your "main ingredient" is, like, soooo passe, I've left it out. ( Ahem... ) Just keepin ' up with the times, friend. So...slice up those peppers and onions into cute little strips... And...try your best to not slice up the little fingers that are sneaking away pepper strips... (Lemme just inte